• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris Industries, and my 850 oil line....

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Holy $hit u bunch of whiners would bitch if u got hung with a new rope!!! No other manufacturer has stepped up like this.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Just got a call from Polaris. I lost the oil line to the waterpump cavity about a month ago as well as the oil seal on the cavity. Bottom end was removed, and reinstalled. No definitive cause for the oil line coming off was found. PTO bearing was lock tighted into the case upon reassembly. Polaris corporate called me to see how things have been since then. To make it up to me, the extended my warranty another year, and gave me a coupon code for $525 in parts and accessories. Huh. Better than nothing.

Cool, glad Polaris and Ken's took care of ya. Hopefully you get some more trips on it soon!

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
CURIOUS

Just curious here...those getting an extra year of warranty:

Is that warranty registered/tied to the sled or you owning that sled? Cause let's be honest...those who ordered new 850's are NOT going to own that sled 5 years from now!

BUT, when you sell that sled next season (cause let's be honest, you will) to me, do I get another 4 years of warranty on it? So basically, I get a snowcheck warranty at a fraction of the price??:face-icon-small-hap

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Pretty normal.

When the warranty goes to the third party it acts like an insurance policy.

Deductible and such

Yes, I do understand. I've just never been asked to pay that. Maybe I haven't had warranty claims at that point in the sled's life.

BlowinSmoke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Frenchtown, Montana
Yes, I do understand. I've just never been asked to pay that. Maybe I haven't had warranty claims at that point in the sled's life.

Scott, most 3 or 4 year warranties start direct from Polaris then transfer over to a third party heading into the second and third year which then usually require a deductible.

Have you had one or 2 engine failures with your 850 this season? I had heard talks of it being twice but you'd be the one to ask.If twice was it the same issue or new problem we should all keep an eye on?

Thanks
Erik

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Scott, most 3 or 4 year warranties start direct from Polaris then transfer over to a third party heading into the second and third year which then usually require a deductible.

Have you had one or 2 engine failures with your 850 this season? I had heard talks of it being twice but you'd be the one to ask.If twice was it the same issue or new problem we should all keep an eye on?

Thanks
Erik

https://www.snowest.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4190071&postcount=150

https://www.snowest.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4193319&postcount=188

Premium Features