• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber vs Boondocker

Nov 16, 2009
I’m looking at purchasing a turbo for my 2017 rmk 800. Any feedback on which would be the best bang for my buck, silber or boondocker? Riding with two other boondockers was thinking of trying a silber. Thanks for the help.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
I'm unbiased and have no real experience, but Ive read over the years in the forum many having issues with silber customer support? And people found flashing Mtntk tune to their silber it ran better. Maybe consider Mtntk VS boondocker? I know my self I've called mtntk and gotten great support although I don't have their kit.

At that boondocker is said to have a great kit recently for most sleds, plug and play and no holes to make, etc etc.

Last edited:

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
The new silbers run good. Don't know on customer service. Boondockers run good. There are people that have had trouble with customer service and the kits for both of them.

willjogervais

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW Minnesota
I cant speak for any of the other brands, as I havent ran them. I had a silber kit on my 16'axys that ran excellent. They had a map reflash that fixed a lower end bog shortly after it came out. My customer service was great. Got my ECU back in a cpl days after I shipped it. I have a new 850 silber kit in my garage right now and if it runs as good as my 800 kit did I'll be extremely happy. Now, I have to decide if I get rid of my warranty and install it or not...
I think any of the well known kits will make u happy but silber is a true pull and go and I was very happy with it. It is also quite easy to install if you are planning on doing it yourseld

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
This will eventually turn into a monkey crap fight at the zoo..... always does.

I have (2) BD sleds and ride with 10-12 Boondocker sleds. Performance is top notch, customer service is fantastic, installation is simple.... cant ask for much more.

That said, you need to weigh each for yourself. Ride them. Who has your closest dealer? You need to make a decision for yourself.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
I miss Bryce on this forum he is a wealth of knowledge. To bad he was run off here.

WAsledder

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2018
Cle Elum WA
He was the only person that could figure out how to get the silber 850's in our group to run. The guy is a turbo guru. Every one of my turbos will be thru him from this point on.

Just for ****s and giggles, call silber and ask for Justin and then call force and ask for Bryce.

B

braapin

Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Anyone have the new Mtntk non-intercooled kit with smaller Garrett turbo?? Kit looks really nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
I have a Silbur and Corey is main support for me but remember if you're sled has a small issue its magnified by turbo. Silbur has made the price come down and he was this first to have a turbo made for sled. Also a first to use factory ecm. An innovator. Not necessarily a person to work with the public.

G

ggcustoms

Dec 4, 2007
NW Wisconsin
Anyone have the new Mtntk non-intercooled kit with smaller Garrett turbo?? Kit looks really nice

X2. This is what I would get.
There's a nice write up on powderbuggies.com from a few years back on turbos (jj09s website). Still relevant somewhat.
What are your priorities?
Set it and forget it?- BD
Install and fine tune? -Silber
$? -Mtntk non intercooler kit, albeit there isn't any on the snow that I know of, yet.
All good kits. I would go with what you (or your buddies know). Let Er buck Chuck.... Or Charles if you go by that.

02sedona

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Reno, NV
I think in 2019 most of these kits are pretty dialed in. I am enjoying my 17 axys with a Boondocker sidekick turbo. It has been on the sled for 1350 miles now. Only problem I have had was a wire getting burnt on my exhaust pipe. A trip to Napa and a few zip ties solved it quickly.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
I miss Bryce on this forum he is a wealth of knowledge. To bad he was run off here.

Same thing that has happened to most of the guys who actually know on this forum...they get tired of arguing basic stuff with people who don't know (but think they know, and they enjoy arguing).

sierra sleder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2008
Montana
I am excited about my '19 Axys 850 Boondocker Sidekick Turbo. So far this sled is absolute beast (659 mi total; 109 mi on boost). Hopefully the only thing this turbo sled will be lacking is rider ability/talent.
That's really what we're all after is a machine that will never hold us back.

Jul 22, 2009
I have the Silber kit and have been happy with it. My closest riding buddy has the boondocker and is happy with his. Silber is about $1000 less (I believe) but if you want to get the most out of you’ll spend $500 on clutching. Not sure if the boondocker guys are doing separate clutch kits or not. I installed my own Silber kit and it was ridiculously easy. The cost savings and easy install were the deciding factors for me but I wouldn’t hesitate to buy boondocker any day. They have their name/reputation for a reason.

Premium Features