• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Polaris super slippery racing oil

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
So what do you run, I would imagine there are plenty of good oils out thehe world with re. Like ktm says run motorex and husky says belray same bikes.

I run VES......i have been around the world with 2 stroke oils.

before fuel injection it wasn't a big deal.

And the new electric oil pumps make it a big deal...... The time is close where the ECM can sense if you are using the wrong oil.. .... All they have to do is use an amp draw scale and they will be able to tell if you are outside their window on viscosity.

But now its a big deal.

Run the OE test oil only.

Just like cars and trucks...........the motors were built and spec out with the a certian oil.

basicly kinda stupid to not follow the factory tested oils.

Times have changed......OE oils are the way to go.

-Dan

Last edited:

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
I was running Redline Racing 2 stroke synthetic (their top of the line 2 stroke oil) in my '16 800 from day one. I switched to the VES Extreme this season after assembling a complete new spare 800 I had sitting around. I did this due to pulling out my BMP 860 so I could install the 2019 BD Sidekick Switch turbo I bought.

Only reason I switched is the Extreme is around $57-58 a gallon and the Redline Racing is close to $80 a gallon.

Agreed, and i'll go along with Dan with the electric pump, injection and so forth hopefully Polaris got it right with there oil's lol :face-icon-small-coo

I will say that in my 2.5 ltr Merc Drag outboards, injected, 13,500 rpm and 420 hp, Redline race has never once given me any oiling issues, but pre mix and warm temp as well.:face-icon-small-ton

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
Got the first gallon of it, hard to get around here, its light red in color and appears quite thin, pours well, we will give it a try. Ordered up more of it, 57.00 a gallon.:face-icon-small-coo:face-icon-small-coo

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
So after 570 miles of VES Extreme and the smokey oily mess, I have switched back to VES Gold. My 2020 850 runs way better now.

Premium Features