• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski's

Tomkat700

Lifetime Membership
Feb 26, 2013
Pierce, Co
How big of a difference does putting grippers on the boosted Vipers have vs the stock ski? I have not been a big fan of my first four stroke and am seriously contemplating replacing the beast with a Summit T3 because of the current offers. I have the MPI 190 kit and love the power but it is very front heavy when riding in the tight stuff. I have a 160lb spring in the front skid shock already. Will the ski's have a great enough effect to change the nose diving? Thanks for the advice.
juggle.gif

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
If you're planning on making the snowy ride, I got set of slydog powderhounds you try and see how they do.

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
So I have a nytro with a bunch of mods and switching to the grippers was a big difference. I know everyone's opinion is different but I rode a 16 t3 163 today and it didn't make me want to trade by any means and I'm sure your viper rides better than my sled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
I have grippers, I have also tried powderhounds. The 8 inch powder hounds have superior floatation. But the grippers are much better for technical riding. I couldnt believe how much they changed the sled. But if you dont lofe your sled now, I doubt a set of skis will make that much of a difference to you.

K
May 9, 2013
I was kinda in the same boat. But I ended up getting the Barcode 365 kit. It truly made the Viper feel and ride much better. I have the 8" slydogs. Ive been pondering trying the new 2016 ski or the griper.

Tomkat700

Lifetime Membership
Feb 26, 2013
Pierce, Co
Thanks for all the input, I am putting a set of Grippers on and going to tweak a few more things to see if I can get it where I would like it.

Premium Features