• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW WILDERNESS BILL

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU BETTER MAKE A PHONE CALL TO MATHESON AND TELL HIM WHAT A DUMB MOTHER FAWKER HE IS!

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10235977

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14805570

This will essential lock up the rest of non private land in big/little cottonwood canyons and mill creek canyons as heli-ski wilderness. No motor motorized vehicles up mineral fork, no more sledding up private land up there either...

Were getting hosed on this.

Contact him and tell him how you feel. This is bullchit!
http://matheson.house.gov/contact.shtml

:yell::yell::yell::yell::yell:

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
"Everyone gave up something on this bill" yeah except the rich people who can afford to heli-ski....jerkoff. I used to think Matheson was kind of decent, oh how that has changed. Pass this e-mail/info to anyone that you know who uses A.F. canyon for anything at all...they most likely will be very concerned.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
What would be a good reply to send him? I'm not familiar enough with the area, but either way I'm adamantly opposed to any new wilderness or restrictive bills such as this.

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
Sent letter and requested appointment. How could anyone be that out of touch with what his constituent want.

snownman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 11, 2007
it's just part...

of their plan ( Hi.ler's children IMO) to close all of the state/federal PUBLIC LANDS and make them accessable to only a certain few (with lots of money)people so that they can look at it and say "yea nobody plays on MY land anymore, except who I want to" yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaa the KING. it makes me sick, It all comes down to money and time, they have it because WE give it to them, you know grants of millions of dollars to study a blade of grass that grows in the desert. sorry for the rant but i know, understand, and agree with your opinion. Obviously the power of one is stronger than the power of many. IMO.

Last edited:

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
if anyone is an avid mountain biker or visit mountain bike forums we need this posted on their sites. The ridgeline trail between big cottonwood and mill creek is very popular with mtn bikers and will be shut down. I just can believe they will close it off to everything but heli-skiing. How is that legal, how is that fair? :yell:
AF canyon is next... its only a matter of time... :Cry:

H
Dec 12, 2009
These laws are only enforced because we let them do it, this is one of those issues where if a thousand people showed up just to break the law there is no way they could enforce it.

D
Sep 19, 2008
Sandy, UT
if anyone is an avid mountain biker or visit mountain bike forums we need this posted on their sites. The ridgeline trail between big cottonwood and mill creek is very popular with mtn bikers and will be shut down. I just can believe they will close it off to everything but heli-skiing. How is that legal, how is that fair? :yell:
AF canyon is next... its only a matter of time... :Cry:

Apparently shutting down the Crest trail is no longer part of the proposal. A group of local MTB'ers got together and were able to remove this trail and a couple of others from the initial plan.

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
Apparently shutting down the Crest trail is no longer part of the proposal. A group of local MTB'ers got together and were able to remove this trail and a couple of others from the initial plan.

Wow, an organized recreation group actually got together to stop something. Rare!!!!!

Only way we'll ever have a chance is to form 1 group, instead of 20 small groups of special interest that actually end up battling each other all the time.
We really need something like a "Recreation Alliance Group" to work together with a common interest and huge numbers of support.

I vote phatty for Pres.
Now let's move forward.:face-icon-small-win

Tree Boss

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2009
Franklin County ID
I used my old Wellslville UT address to write him a letter. It makes my blood boil when I see more bills introduced to close down more public lands. This state has plenty of wilderness, too much IMHO. Take Mt. Naomi wilderness for example, I would love to ride up High Creek behind Richmond but some idiot decided that it should be off limits to motorized vehichles. There have been times that I think to myself F-it I am going to head up High Creek and enjoy the outdoors but I am trying to do the right thing but much more of this and all bets are off.

Premium Features