• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Narrowing Q w/ skinz Rasmussen boards

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Got a set of Rasmussen airframes ready to put on. Looking at the bars up front it looks like they swing out a bunch near the toe hooks. Can you still narrow the panels with these boards on?

Broke a stock rear stirrup last weekend so couldn't wait for the bdx boards to come out

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Well unless somebody gives me something for info to go off of here, it doesn't look like this is going to work to narrow the panels with these boards. I might have to send these back. I talked to skinz on the phone last night and even coming from them seems like I'd have to mod these boards at the foot well in order to skinny the panels...

Kevin (mmsports) you out there?

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
What is the width at the footwell? Did you by chance get the "regular" airframes? I don't think they are narrow like the ras version. The bdx boards are 6.5 inches wide at the footwell and I think that is the same width of the ras board.

Should be about an inch narrower then the stock boards, I believe.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
They are narrow at the front. It's the up and out swing of the tubes that go vertical from the foot board.

predator800

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2010
Saskatoon, SK
just a suggestion

I'm planning on doing the same thing as you. I'm still waiting for my boards to arrive. I was thinking of cutting my bottom panel so it it shorter to clear the tube. Then take the panel to body shop that welds plastic and weld the angle back on for strength but leaving that tube. Without having my boards here, I don't know if that will work.

CarbonWerx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2010
Missoula, MT
If you got the ras boards, they will narrow up your plastic. You won't want to narrow it up much more than what they already do or the primary will be riding right on your body panels.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I was worried about that too. I just want to pull them in on the rears. Went out yesterday for the second ride on it and noticed the bolts on my primary have already worn through the black plastic piece riveted to the body. Worn behind the rear rivet. Getting it too hard on its side in the setup snow

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Someone else has to have done this...

Would like to see pics of the bdx boards in the foot well to compare.

Premium Features