For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: GEN 1 and older 1998 and older, all models in the Gen 1 Indy chassis and older chassis models

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2017, 09:32 AM
Currently: Not set.
RiverAstein is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ULTRA 680 ENGINE IN 96' WEDGE XCR CHASSIS

HEY EVERYONE, i HAVE A 97 XCR SP WITH THE ULTRA MOTOR FOR A COMPLETE DONOR. AND I HAVE AN COMPLETE 96 XCR 600 THAT HAD THE XLT MOTOR. I STRIPPED IT ALL DOWN AND HAVE THE ULTRA MOTOR ALL REBUILT READY TO GO IN THE WEDGE CHASSIS. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS ANY GOOD INFO ON MEASUREMENTS FOR DRILLING NEW HOLES FOR THE MOTOR MOUNTS TO BOLT IN. I THOUGHT I READ A FORUM SOMEWHERE SAYING TO JUST SLOT ONE OF THE REAR HOLES AND THE SECOND REAR HOLE JUST MOVED LIKE 1 3/4" OVER AND JUST RE DRILL NEW FRONT HOLES IM JUST NOT SURE. TRYING TO MAKE SURE MY CLUTCH ALIGNMENT IS GOOD AS WELL. ANY HELP WOULD BE AWESOME!

Last edited by RiverAstein; 11-30-2017 at 09:35 AM.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-01-2017, 11:42 AM
Currently: project parts searching
olymon has a reputation beyond reputeolymon has a reputation beyond reputeolymon has a reputation beyond reputeolymon has a reputation beyond reputeolymon has a reputation beyond reputeolymon has a reputation beyond reputeolymon has a reputation beyond reputeolymon has a reputation beyond reputeolymon has a reputation beyond reputeolymon has a reputation beyond reputeolymon has a reputation beyond repute

This is what I did to mount one up. Motor straps in place, motor lying on the straps. Position the motor for the correct center to center and offset (are you going to use a torque arm?). Mark the top of the straps with a scribe going around the base of the motor. Measure the bolt layout on the bottom of your motor, transfer dimension for the correct orientation and drill. The water pump on the Ultra motors makes fitting difficult in some chassis.

Rate this post: Yes | No