• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ice Fishing anyone??? Video

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
Crazy Ice Fisherman Video

Ok so we were almost done with our ride 2 weeks ago and we were just taking a break when we see this guy walking down the hill toward the lake. He had a fishing pole and an auger and that was it. He had to walk over 2/3rds of a mile in 2 feet of new snow sinking up to his knees with almost every step. We just had to get this on film. He had no gloves and no snow pants, just levis and hiking boots and a shirt and a fishing vest. We finally decide to give him a ride the rest of the way and when he was about 50 yards away from the water he told me to drop him off there. I had to tell him the he was still not on the water yet. I should have just let him off and then went back and watched him dig a hole in the snow until he hit dirt. Oh that would have been priceless, but i took him out on the water instead. I guess some people will do anything to catch a fish. I bet it took him over an hour to walk back to his truck. Just thought this was pretty funny and wanted to share with the rest of you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxs6iKNXPr0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXRpOwtO5B0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks6KrQ6PtqM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKyWhKzwA9Y

Last edited:

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
We watched him for 10 minutes before we took out the camera. So I would say he was walking for 45 minutes before I gave him a lift because he probably walked for a half an hour before he ever got to where we could see him. Saved him at least 10 minutes or more.

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
Let's see? He is 2/3 of a mile from where he parked his pickup. Which means you were probably 2/3 of a mile from where you parked. You laugh at him when you are already taking a break from riding. He is still trudging along. I say he should be laughing at you for taking a break. Seems to me he is probably in way better shape than you guys are in.:D

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
Let's see? He is 2/3 of a mile from where he parked his pickup. Which means you were probably 2/3 of a mile from where you parked. You laugh at him when you are already taking a break from riding. He is still trudging along. I say he should be laughing at you for taking a break. Seems to me he is probably in way better shape than you guys are in.:D

Actually we were about 5 miles from our truck still. He did not park in the same place as we did. You know what happens when you assume don't you. We had been riding from about 9 am to about 3pm when we saw this guy. We were on our way back just playin around and decided to stop again. You have no idea what kind of shape i am in. The last 2 years we have ran in the 1/2 marathon in salt lake city and Vegas so don't tell me what kind of shape i am in. The thing about this guy is that he is walking in 2 feet of snow with no snowpants or boots, no gloves, no water bottle, or any sort of survival gear what so ever. If you were there watching this guy you would have laughed your butt off. Watching him sink to his knees with every step was absolutley hilarious. I just couldn't take it anymore so I had to go offer him a ride.

F
Oct 3, 2008
Land of 10,000 Lakes
We call it post-holeing.....We do it for a good workout when we go ice fishing, but this guy does seem like a real die hard.

p.s.....the only reason we dont use snowshoes is because green peace dirty long haired obama loving faggots wear snowshoes to go for hikes in our snowmobile areas!

Good work giving the old ba$tard a ride...nice vids

F
Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, Wa
So did anyone go back to rescue him? Or is everyone just going to wait to spring when he thaws. What an idiot.

Doing that in jeans and no gloves. Dude!

Hilarios video btw. Specally when you realized how well voices travel over a frozen lake. Hahahaha!

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
Actually we were about 5 miles from our truck still. He did not park in the same place as we did. You know what happens when you assume don't you. We had been riding from about 9 am to about 3pm when we saw this guy. We were on our way back just playin around and decided to stop again. You have no idea what kind of shape i am in. The last 2 years we have ran in the 1/2 marathon in salt lake city and Vegas so don't tell me what kind of shape i am in. The thing about this guy is that he is walking in 2 feet of snow with no snowpants or boots, no gloves, no water bottle, or any sort of survival gear what so ever. If you were there watching this guy you would have laughed your butt off. Watching him sink to his knees with every step was absolutley hilarious. I just couldn't take it anymore so I had to go offer him a ride.

Calm down! Notice green smiley face! I guess I should have said the reason you were so tired was because you were riding those heavey Yamahas.:D Now laugh! Life is to short to take everything so serious. It's ok to poke fun at someone else, but when someone pokes fun at you, you get your panties in a bunch:D:D:D:D

Premium Features