• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thinking about a X3.2" track. Will it fit?

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Anybody put a Challenger X3.2" track on these new sleds yet? Im thinking about taking the 3" PowerClaw, cutting it down to 2.8" and put it on my Sidwinder, and install a new X3.2" in my Ascender. Any thoughts or experience?

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
The 3" claw is actually 2.8" lug. No point cutting anything.

I've never heard anyone suggest the 3.2" is as good as the 3" claw.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

If it is anything like the Challnger Extreme 2.5" I will be happy. Had one of those tracks before, and couldnt be happier.

I found a used 2.6" PowerClaw track nearby, I might just buy that and put it on the Sidewinder, but would be fun to try the 3.2" track on the 2018 Arctic Cat.

F7arcticcat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
If you ride all powder the 3.2 is a great track. If you ride in anything setup the paddles fold over and you just spin. I preferred this track over the X3 and the 2.8, but I still like the PC3 the best out of all of them.

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I ran a 3.2X15X174 on a T3 880 for a season. In dry fresh powder it was really good. But when spring rolled around I really thought that thing was almost dangerous. The tips are just too soft to run in any setup snow or god forbid iced up single track out of a nasty creek bottom. Braking in those same situations was also a little sketchy. It is a great track for powder, don't get me wrong, but unfortunately we don't all get those ideal conditions every ride.

I've said it for years, especially after putting a powerclaw on my boosted pro back in 2011. In my opinion, the powerclaw is just the best ALL AROUND track out there. Is it perfect for any one condition, not at all. But the combination of the flotation of the center paddles combined with the grip on sidehilling of the claw edges just works well in all snow conditions. And braking is second to none. Again, this is just my opinion, but I've ran a bunch of different tracks from the peak to the 3.2 to the 280 conquer, and the powerclaw is just tough to compete with across all of the different snow conditions I've been in. Long story short, I wouldn't swap out a really great track for such a one dimensional one even if it did fit.

That being said, if you have two sleds and plan to run the cat on the deep powder days only, swap away!

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Sounds like the 3.2" track isnt really for me then, since we have about 40% powder and 60% heavy snow conditions here. Looks like im sticking to the 3" powerclaw on the Arctic cat, and 2.6" powerclaw on the sidewinder.

Premium Features