• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Engine light flashing

Coming out on the trail after the last ride I had the engine light flashing at me. The sled had ran great all day. Noticed the lights were dim and the lights on the gauge were flashing on and off.

Got it home and when I fired it up, same, engine light flashing, here's where it gets odd. After I backed it out of the trailer, no more engine light. It didn't store a DTC code that I can access. I stripped the plastics and checked all my connections all looks good. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Audette13

Premium Member
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
I have never experienced this on my 14 pro, but i have experienced this exact thing on my 09 Assault.

It was an overheated ECU which eventually cooked it, i think there was some bad capacitors or something which cause it to overheat. The symptoms where exact same.

just a thought

I did fail to mention this is a 13 pro. Anyone else have this problem. Not sure if this has anything to do with it ,but..this was the second ride since installing a PAR head with 13.6 domes. The guys at PAR told me to place the thinnest washer I could find between the knock sensor and the head. The thinnest one I had was stainless. Could this be suspect ??

Premium Features