• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

18 MC no warranty

J
Jan 17, 2010
emmett,idaho
Looking at getting into an 18 153 MC. The particular sled I'm looking at was a factory direct. It has a months left warranty. 0 miles and a damn good price. I'm a little reluctant now with the new motor and no warranty. What's are some thoughts on the situation?

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
The 800Ctec has proved to be a very good motor. With the early releases having little to no problems I would not be to scared to pull the trigger. Try to ride the doors off it the first month just in case there was an assembly issue, etc.

I choose the 0% financing when I bought mine, which means I only have a one year warrantee, but I'm not worried, with the exception of race sleds, I've never had a Cat motor fail on me, and I've owned 3 first year motor sleds: 700 laydown, 800 non-ho, 800HO. Zero issues with them.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
If the price is more then 1k below warrantied versions i would jump all over it. The sleds are proving to be rock solid. Honestly one of the best "first year" sleds I have seen come out in a WHILE from any manufacturer.

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
Looking at getting into an 18 153 MC. The particular sled I'm looking at was a factory direct. It has a months left warranty. 0 miles and a damn good price. I'm a little reluctant now with the new motor and no warranty. What's are some thoughts on the situation?
I wouldn't get it way to risky! Just cant trust it.........!!! I mean I wouldn't if I was you.....what I would do is immediately send all the contact info to me and I will make sure this sled is safely disposed of.

disclaimer
(I may or may not buy this sweet fire breathing sled for me of course)

eldereldo

Lifetime Membership
Feb 23, 2014

Most dealers will have an aftermarket warranty you can buy if you are worried about it. Just check the conditions carefully, they can vary a lot on what they will cover and how much of a deduction there may be.

Premium Features