• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 proclimb stops, please help!

Z
Nov 18, 2017
Hey !
i have a 2012 M800 proclimb chassie arctic cat, and im having some problems with it.

First day of the season it fired right up, and i had it on idle for a couple of minutes and drove about 4 minutes and it stopped. no chance at starting. waited for a tow and tried start it again, and it fired right up after about 10 mins.
was stuck at cabin for the weeekend so i got to test it out, and it seems like it always stops after a given time / heat. it can idle for about 15 minutes, and will just turn off. or i can idle for 5 minutes and drive for a couple of minutes and it dies. its dies in a way where it sound like the fuel pump stops.
always start easily in the morning, seems to run longer when it`s startet from cold, runs for shorter time when started hotter.

Now i have tried wiring away the tether, key , TSS and killswitch still no luck. i checked the spark plugs, looks okey. Also pulled the fuel pump out of the tank and all the valves where open...

My only guess now is the stator.... any one with some experience on this field? i suspect there has been drawn to much power out of the 12 volt outlet. a buddy tested some new led light which drew 85watt in the outlet this summer, might this have burned the stator which only happens when it reaches a certain temperature?

Other tips than the stator or ways to test stator would be great!

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Do you lose spark when it dies? Take a spare plug (so you don't have to pull the pipe to get an actual plug out) and see if it sparks plugged into one of the boots when it is dead. Might need a friend to help pull the rope while you observe.

If it drops spark I'm with you in that it is an electrical component getting hot and malfunctioning. Could be stator, computer, maybe voltage regulator? Just have to test them after they are hot, or swap them with another machine if a friend has the same one.

Nov 29, 2007
wasifulus alaska
had this problem with my 12.turned out that I had a wire on the handle bars that had rubbed thru and was grounding out the kill switch.pull your throttle side controls apart and check to make sure no wires have rub marks.

Z
Nov 18, 2017
Thanks for great tips! Will try to test the stator, and check if its spark When hot, fired up the sled the other day and it seems to die out quicker now (idle for 2 min then Dead)..

Could the wires at the handle bar still affect if i have allready tried with the kill switch and TTS contacts Off?

Nov 29, 2007
wasifulus alaska
Thanks for great tips! Will try to test the stator, and check if its spark When hot, fired up the sled the other day and it seems to die out quicker now (idle for 2 min then Dead)..

Could the wires at the handle bar still affect if i have allready tried with the kill switch and TTS contacts Off?

yes.if the wire before the switch is grounding it is the same as turning off the kill switch easy way to check is when it dies spin the throttle block a little and see if it starts.under the throttle block is where mine rubbed thru.probley because I like to run my block a little loose so I can move it for different positions.you have to look close for a rub mark in the wires or a contact mark on the bars.hopefully that's it.will be an easy fix.

Premium Features