• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cat colors 2

Should Arctic Cat offer color options for sno-check sleds?

• Yes

Votes: 240 94.9%
  • No

Votes: 13 5.1%

• Total voters
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Why should cat offer color options?

1. Attract more customers
2. Sell more sleds
3. Make customers feel special
4. ?

Go Hawks!

BlueDevil

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
Like said above. I think some people like certain colors or color combos. With that said I think sales would increase some. Like I have said a few times before I'm not asking or expecting ten color options. Two or three wouldn't hurt a thing. Especially on the snowchecks.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Summ8rmk do you have the ability to add a poll? That created a lot of attention when guys wanted additional colors on the 15 doo t3s.

ridgelinerunner

Premium Member
Oct 2, 2008
colors

I tried to tell them at the show that they needed to make an orange/black mountain cat!! I was told no. They recently invested alot of money into a new powder coating machine. I told them they need to use it!! I was pretty discouraged about there reply.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
I voted yes but honestly could careless either way. I will wrap my new sled anyway and set it apart. Something to keep in mind is those color options tend to add cost. Polaris allows you to order several sleds in several colors but they charge a fee for each of them. I always ordered the free one and wrapped and powder-coated myself to have what I want. Why not spend $500 on a custom wrap instead of $500 to have cat change the colors on it and still have my 3 buddies get the same sled as me?

What your poll shows is 50 people that want more options. Doubt 50 sleds is enough to sway cats decision one way or the other especially since of those 50 about 10% will actually base a purchase decision on the color option. Most people are going to decide whether they want the sled, financially can make it work, what features they need, and lastly what color it is.

Just my opinion tho. I wish you good luck in your quest. I hope this textron deal will help cat expand their pockets and offer more options in the future.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
1 of 2 to vote no. I really dont think color should be a deciding factor, and when it comes down to it I dont think it is. Pretty sure anyone who was planning to check an 18 is still gonna... and if your not you have your priorities mixed up.

I think cat, as well as the other mfgs really need to slim down their line ups and simplify things to improve their bottom line, as well as drive prices down(maybe wont happen regardless) and allow focus on more important things.

I just dont see a need for 3+ versions of every sled and then a bunch of color options on top of that. I guess maybe simplifying the lineup and then offering 2 color versions, one with color and one all black- would make sense to me.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
No matter what the poll shows, the reality of cat doing anything about it at this point is essentially zero. I too would love an orange MC.

BlueDevil

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
Here's the thing. Your not changing one physical thing to the sled. All the same parts and pieces. Same graphics just a different color. So I don't think asking for a color option or two is asking to much

BlueDevil

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
Plus the fifty guys that said yes is only a small small percentage see this poll so take that into account

mja

Lifetime Membership
May 18, 2011
If they had the 2017 MC camo design available for the 18 I would be ordering one.

R
Feb 29, 2016
I voted yes but honestly could careless either way. I will wrap my new sled anyway and set it apart. Something to keep in mind is those color options tend to add cost. Polaris allows you to order several sleds in several colors but they charge a fee for each of them. I always ordered the free one and wrapped and powder-coated myself to have what I want. Why not spend $500 on a custom wrap instead of $500 to have cat change the colors on it and still have my 3 buddies get the same sled as me?

I checked on the Polaris website and list prices between stock models and the snow check with color choices is only $200. That is half what a decent wrap costs and I would pay it in a heartbeat to have a few color choices. No choices is pretty weak in todays market. I like the sno pro but the thing is fugly from a color standpoint. Maybe I could do the MC and strip some decals off. Not even a solid black anymore?

What your poll shows is 50 people that want more options. Doubt 50 sleds is enough to sway cats decision one way or the other especially since of those 50 about 10% will actually base a purchase decision on the color option. Most people are going to decide whether they want the sled, financially can make it work, what features they need, and lastly what color it is.

Just my opinion tho. I wish you good luck in your quest. I hope this textron deal will help cat expand their pockets and offer more options in the future.

I think they would love to sell even just 50 more sleds. Now finally I think the Cat has caught up to the other two brands in performance, they drop the ball with something as simple as a couple color choices.

If I decide I want a Cat next year I will have to get over a fugly color scheme, IMO, this shouldn't be the case on a $14,000 toy.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
^caught up?? they caught up in 16. 17MC if ya wanna stretch it. But that new '18 is the best mountain sled offered now. ride them and see. only thing better is with a set of decent skis like mohawks. put some green ones on. now youre cool.

R
Feb 29, 2016
^caught up?? they caught up in 16. 17MC if ya wanna stretch it. But that new '18 is the best mountain sled offered now. ride them and see. only thing better is with a set of decent skis like mohawks. put some green ones on. now youre cool.

Certainly a matter of opinion. I rode the '16 Cat before buying another Polaris. I voted with my $$$.

"best mountain sled offered" remains to be seen. This is a new engine and hopefully not a problematic one. Nobody knows for sure. If Polaris could get their motor right it would still be no contest for me. I am finally considering bailing on them for reliability issues. I still think it is the best handling and it is still much lighter.

Some color choices would probably be enough to push my weak mind over the edge...

A
Jan 28, 2010
Certainly a matter of opinion. I rode the '16 Cat before buying another Polaris. I voted with my $$$.

"best mountain sled offered" remains to be seen. This is a new engine and hopefully not a problematic one. Nobody knows for sure. If Polaris could get their motor right it would still be no contest for me. I am finally considering bailing on them for reliability issues. I still think it is the best handling and it is still much lighter.

Some color choices would probably be enough to push my weak mind over the edge...
Told you so

Premium Features