• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Powerclaw on polaris drivers

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
I installed a powerclaw 2.6 on my pro. I didn't like running 7 tooth drivers so this time I tried it right on the stock Polaris 8 tooth drivers. I pressed the center driver off though.

I ran it around the yard for a few minutes. No vibration or ratchet. Rolls smooth. Forward and reverse.

Will update later this month when I make it out for a trip.

0226172006.jpg

pus1100

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
Troms,Norway
Have you had any time on this setup now? Thinking of trying powerclaw on my 2012 rmk with Avid 2.86 drivers.

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
Have you had any time on this setup now? Thinking of trying powerclaw on my 2012 rmk with Avid 2.86 drivers.

Haven't put any time on it. Only about 5 min in the yard. If you have 8 tooth avids it might be tough installing.
Will be in Montana or wyoming in a couple weeks and give it a good test.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
I installed a powerclaw 2.6 on my pro. I didn't like running 7 tooth drivers so this time I tried it right on the stock Polaris 8 tooth drivers. I pressed the center driver off though.

I ran it around the yard for a few minutes. No vibration or ratchet. Rolls smooth. Forward and reverse.

Will update later this month when I make it out for a trip.

How did this turn out ? Inquiring minds want to know

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
Worked for a couple days, but then the ratchet took over. Was running it super right too.

I now have 7t axys 3.0 drivers pressed on my stock assault shaft. Did not install the center driver. I also swapped the 2.6 back to my proclimb and took the powerclaw 3" from there onto the Polaris.
I really liked the 2.6 claw for the sidehill traction in spring snow.

Didn't prefer the 3" on the proclimb in the spring time so I figured id try it out on the Polaris, but haven't had it west yet. Just around home for a few miles.
I picked up a used 156x2.5 ce 3.0p track that I'm going to put on for Midwest/ spring mountain riding as it has the older sawtooth lugs.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Worked for a couple days, but then the ratchet took over. Was running it super right too.

I now have 7t axys 3.0 drivers pressed on my stock assault shaft. Did not install the center driver. I also swapped the 2.6 back to my proclimb and took the powerclaw 3" from there onto the Polaris.
I really liked the 2.6 claw for the sidehill traction in spring snow.

Didn't prefer the 3" on the proclimb in the spring time so I figured id try it out on the Polaris, but haven't had it west yet. Just around home for a few miles.
I picked up a used 156x2.5 ce 3.0p track that I'm going to put on for Midwest/ spring mountain riding as it has the older sawtooth lugs.

I prefer the PC 3" over the PC 2.6" on my 11 pro in every aspect. The 3" will dig fast though so you need control the track speed/clutch engagement a little differently imo.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
As stated above... the driver will need to slip, or climb over a nub eventually...

Sure they will drive the track... but in the end, not correct, and can do some damage to parts.

my 2¢

Premium Features