• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I am having trouble uploading pictures?????

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
I have uploaded pictures many times to my Pictures and Albums. When I try now, the pictures upload rotated 90 degrees to the left. They are not that way on my iPhone or computer. This has never happened before. I tried the edit button, but no luck there. ??????????

zalez

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2012
This happens because the forum software doesn't use EXIF data to determine the orientation of the photo which most phones/photo software does. It handles the picture "as is" which in turn has the image rotated.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I have uploaded pictures many times to my Pictures and Albums. When I try now, the pictures upload rotated 90 degrees to the left. They are not that way on my iPhone or computer. This has never happened before. I tried the edit button, but no luck there. ??????????
Just run the photo through a desktop editor and change the orientation before you upload it.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Christopher, how do I do that. Where, what is desk top editor? I don't get why this after all these years started happening. My pictures are not rotated on my iPhone or Mac.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Christopher, how do I do that. Where, what is desk top editor? I don't get why this after all these years started happening. My pictures are not rotated on my iPhone or Mac.
by chance did you go from the desktop interface to a mobile interface on SnoWest?

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
I would say no, because I don't know what you are talking about. Sorry.
User CP>Pictures and Albums>Add Album>Title Album>Submit>Browse>Photos>Select Photo>Upload>Done. This is the way I have always done it. I do have the current upgrade on my Mac.

zalez

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2012

http://iphonephotographyschool.com/iphone-photos-upside-down/

I know it's worked fine in the past but dealing with multiple operating systems that get updated differently (features broken), causes this type of headache. Your iphone and mac actually use EXIF data. The link above gives you a couple of suggestions to try to fix the issue. For me, I was able to download one of your album pictures and rotated it in Windows Photo Viewer which fixed rotation for me. On a Mac, you may be able to use "Preview" app and just rotate them back and forth and then try uploading them.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
I believe I have found the problem. The pictures that I am having problems with are the pictures taken with my iPhone 6+ after the latest phone update. No problems with uploading pictures that were taken with my phone before the update and no problems with old and new pictures taken with two different cameras I use. :camera:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I believe I have found the problem. The pictures that I am having problems with are the pictures taken with my iPhone 6+ after the latest phone update. No problems with uploading pictures that were taken with my phone before the update and no problems with old and new pictures taken with two different cameras I use. :camera:
Wish I understood what was causing the rotation.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Me too! In our household we have two Mac desktops three iPhones and one iPod. I am all to familiar with the BS that comes with Apple products. If it is the update which it appears to be with me. SnoWest may have some issues headed their way being there are a lot of iPhones out there. I am going to talk with Apple next week sometime.

Premium Features