• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

good mods for my '06 700 RMK

captcolby

Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2009
Seward, AK
Can any body tell me some good mods for my '06 700 RMK. I just got it used with about 500 miles on it. The only aftermarket mod it has is a Snow Stuff Can. I was looking for a 2010 Assault, but kept reading about all the problems, so I decided to go with something more proven. What should I get to make it more Assault like.

I had no idea there was anything going on with these. I posted this over on the IQ forums, and got told this was the place to be. As I stated above, I would like to get this thing a little more HP and a lot less weight!!

Thanks in advance
progress.gif

A
Dec 4, 2007
ALASKA
Welcome, always good to see another Alaskan in the 900 forum. :beer;

From what I have gathered there are some good ones that make it thousands of miles trouble free. Then there are ones like mine that break a piston skirt and blow out the case and crank. The ones that blow a belt and shear off the pto end of the crank...and so on....

There is good news! If you read the stickies at the top you will find all the info you need to prevent this all from happening along with links that have people to send your money to. Its all about thowing money at it....It just gobbles that **** up.......

Seriously though I got mine with a blown motor that was out of the sled in a box, with the links at the top I was able to rebuild my sled with the right parts and get all the stuff I needed to keep it from doing it again.

As far as hop up parts go, clutching and gearing is always a good route. I am looking for an slp single pipe and head for mine. that might be something for you to consider.

N

NewfieBullet1973

Dec 20, 2007
As mentioned before there's no end to what can be spent on these machines.
However here are a few items that you could start with:
- gearing (drop ) and clutching (plus make sure it's balanced)
- vents oh did I say vents (vent the crap out of this sucker - tons of options)
- the stock skis are crap - I run SLP PP - the new grippers are good to as well as other aftermarket ones.
- you have the can but the SLP single pipe set is a step in the right direction
- air box - I have the SLP but from what I gather the FireNIce air box is better plus allows you to install a much better aftermarket bumper.
- Comp fusion motor mounts (I am having them installed as we speak)
-FatBoyFrenchy's throttle/oil cable is an improvement
- replace the plastic chain case cover with an aluminum etc cover.-
-the stock shocks are actually not that bad.
-install a set of scratchers and make sure you warm the machine up well before riding.

I'm sure there are more I can't remember, there's a million things guys have done to this sled so just keep looking this 900 forum is great - there's alot of smart dudes (and dudettes possibly) on here that can help.

The gearing, clutching and venting is a good place to start and if you want and depending on the type of riding you do go from there.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Welcome to the club:beer; Those 06 700s are pretty good motors over all, a little less snappy than some 700s, but lots of torque like it's big brother 900 and generally speaking more reliable.

Ya, there is loads of info for doing these sleds up right, take the radiator out, get a set of scratchers, gear it down to 19/42 make sure the clutches are dialed in so your pulling about 7400 RPM +/-, check the throttle body boots for cracks, install a complete vent kit to help with the heat, and then start getting into the personalization process... riser, front bumper, etc, etc..... Pretty easy to take 30 lbs off of these sleds with just bolt on parts:D

Welcome to the club:beer;:cool:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
^^..well said from the guys above..

check out my signature links and you will see what i did to my wifes 06 700, it ROCKS..it has dominated newer sleds that are its size..its been an great sled..

if you need any help on it, drop me a PM

Last edited:
D

duece1

Oct 26, 2008
Welcome to the club:beer; Those 06 700s are pretty good motors over all, a little less snappy than some 700s, but lots of torque like it's big brother 900 and generally speaking more reliable.

Ya, there is loads of info for doing these sleds up right, take the radiator out, get a set of scratchers, gear it down to 19/42 make sure the clutches are dialed in so your pulling about 7400 RPM +/-, check the throttle body boots for cracks, install a complete vent kit to help with the heat, and then start getting into the personalization process... riser, front bumper, etc, etc..... Pretty easy to take 30 lbs off of these sleds with just bolt on parts:D

Welcome to the club:beer;:cool:

^^ I agree. Best money spent as stated above. My 755 has great power with the mods listed above. It never runs out of power - it just stops making more power. It keeps up with most all the other sleds in the group just fine and depending upon your riding style somedays better than the other sleds.

D

duece1

Oct 26, 2008
Another simple Mod I have had good results from is gutting the stock air box. Very simple and cheap with good results. Check out the others posts on 755/900 air boxes.

Premium Features