• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz Bumper

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Just ordered A Skinz bumper for buddies 06 700 RMK. Anything I needs to know on install before I tackle it?:beer;
Factory plastic is junk figured that out on our own.:beer;

Nothing too special as far as I can recall, the directions were pretty straight-forward. Just make sure you take your time and get it centered up nicely, it's not something you want to rush. Your hood gaps will also likely move around a bit, just be sure you are happy with your test fitting b4 you rivet anything into final position.

The skinz is a BIG upgrade to the POS plastic bumper.....
100_3222.jpg

S

ss_badaz

Dec 6, 2007
B.C."The Koots"
Just did the Skinz bumper install over christmas on my 05 900 after 1 tree and a wreck off a cliff last spring all is Great! However feels kind of funny to lift the front end up with a bumper now.

IMGP0450.jpg

DSC02590.jpg

DSC02594.jpg

B

benamen

Feb 21, 2008
Western Canada
I used a heat gun to warm up the filler strips to mold them to the contours of the fender rather than leaving the fillers flat like Skinz show them. Handy to have a Dremel or die grinder to gouge out spots in the belly pan for the lower bumper arms.

J
Dec 18, 2009
Salt lake City
air box??

Who's air box is that the lower part is stock right? What about the upper part that goes over the belt? I want to put that bumper on my 900 but I have the slp air box so I need to find something diffrent.

B

benamen

Feb 21, 2008
Western Canada
Cost is usually $199.00 in the states ($214 Australian). Available in Canada from Royal Distributing for $169.00 ($176 Australian).

H
Jan 9, 2008
Woodland, WA
As said, heat and bend the plastic covers that the Skinz comes with...looks much nicer that way. The only other thing is watch out for the crappy weld job on the small tabs you rivet the plastic covers to. Both of mine on both bumpers needed to be "repositioned"...you can only bend them a tiny bit before the one sided weld breaks...but it's aluminum so that's to be expected I guess

M

motonoggin

Dec 30, 2008
?

That bumper sure looks like it would work with my Dubs intake. Anyone know for sure?

And if not, why not?

Last edited:

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Wow $199!!:eek: I'll be welding up one myself for maybe $40.00;)

I'm betting it will look like a $40 bumper when it's done. The skins bumper is very well done and an easy install. Puts a hurting on trees also. Mine saved my front end about 2 weeks after installing it.

Last edited:
M

motonoggin

Dec 30, 2008
That bumper sure looks like it would work with my Dubs intake. Anyone know for sure?

And if not, why not?

TTT. Somebody's gotta know. This is the intake built by VanAmburg.

It never drops into the nosepan, the entire thing sits on top of the plastic cover that encloses the nosepan/radiator area.

B

benamen

Feb 21, 2008
Western Canada
Here is a picture someone else posted on Snowandmud showing the bumper with the shelf installed. You should get an idea if your intake should fit or not.

bumper004sm.jpg

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
You would be losing on that bet. This is what I do back home build these things, so a little bumper no probs:D

If that is what you do, then you should know damn good and well what it takes to make a bumper and make a fair profit on the work. Why would you be *****ing about what they are selling them for then?:rolleyes:

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
I used to think that way also.... When you have the time, tools, material and know-how it's pretty easy to look at something and think it's WAY over priced. Build it yourself and see that you can make something similar to it and look just as good, in your spare time after your day job that pays for all your toys. Now, imagine doing that for a living and paying for a shop, employee's, tools of much larger proportion, all the "little" expenses that come with running a business, and you'll find that the price to design, test and mass produce these items is a lot more than what we can make them for in our own little hobby shops.

Personally, I take a lot more pride in something that I build rather than buy, but when it comes down to needing it now it's really nice to have these products out there on the market to choose from and when you put a price on your time you will see they are not priced out of line.

A

Aussie Niko

There's no way thats worth that money, if you want to ripped off go for it.They jig them up and have them welded up in 10min tops.But I do understand that some people don't have the time or skills to make them and for them go for it, not me.

Last edited:
Premium Features