• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Primary bolt down to 70lbs?

P
Feb 22, 2009
Just wondering if anyone on here has herd of this. On hardcore sledders fusion forum someone said they didnt like the vibes the fusion was giving so they were told to back off the primary bolt to 70lbs??

this sounds dangerous to me:confused:

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
That sounds dumb to me in that application one has little to do with the other. I would keep it a 98#s

P
Feb 22, 2009
me too but like i said just wondering what guys are saying on here....sounds sketchy!

plus the vibes are what comes with the 900:beer;

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
that guy is an idiots for thinking that has anything to do with the vibes..let him replace his crank, and learn a lesson..

96ft lbs

M

MacDawg productions

Sep 5, 2008
Van Isle, British Columbia
I highly doubt it would help the vibes. I was told by indy dan to torque it down to about 85foot pounds, and then back the bolt off to 70foot pounds. He told me that you don't need to crank the snot out of it at 98 foot lbs. I just left it torqued at about 85lbs. Checked it about 5 different times on a few rides, and she hasn't moved yet. This is on a TM3 kit. The crank is bigger, so maybe that's why the specs are different? Not sure. Just gotta make sure that the crank snout is super clean, and the clutch is super clean. Absolutely no lube or anti seize on there!!

Premium Features