• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

C-tec 2 pump gas turbo

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
Turbo didn't kick in until 6000rpmish and the bog was 4300rpm so I didn't think it had anything to do with the turbo. Once I changed the plugs it came to life

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Start at 8000ft and ride up from there. The sled had a bad bog at first. When you let off the throttle and then got on it again. It would fall on its face then come out of it and pull the skis up. Could not figure it out. Happened at around 4300rpm and went from there. Halfway thru the day changed my plugs. The old ones didn't seem that bad. Had last years fuel in it and a gallon of new avgas. With the new plugs and down to 1/4 tank of fuel it seemed to stop. Ripped a line in and out of the throttle and the hesitation seemed to disappear. Will know for sure next ride full of fresh fuel and new plugs. When it came to life it was great. Really helped with the baseless snow when needing that extra punch

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mine has the same bog. Also running last years fuel. It is intermittent but I also saw a det code twice (riding at around 9k) I'm definitely blaming last years fuel for now I probably should have went with a couple gallons of av instead of 1, knowing that some of my tank was from March. But we will see next ride.

Can definitely say when you get through the bog, which isn't difficult just annoying, this thing will pull your arms off at 5 lbs.

Last edited:

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
20% race to 91 I hit the det 2 times when below 6k at 6psi. I also have the low end bog so I change the way the clutch weight was profiled and it help a to cut the bog down a bit but did not fix it completely

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
20% race to 91 I hit the det 2 times when below 6k at 6psi. I also have the low end bog so I change the way the clutch weight was profiled and it help a to cut the bog down a bit but did not fix it completely

Is your kit also on a last years sled with some last years gas and old plugs? I find it interesting that jbusch was able to get his better with plugs.

Did either of you notice an issue with your sled reading correct elevation? Mine seems to be out of wack was reading about 800-1200 feet off of what I know we were at and other sleds were showing.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
new 19 so no old gas. the alt gauge is a result of boost as the 3 bar map sensor would be the reference but now is in the charge tub. if you look when your on full boost it reads 0. I'm sure this is the point of reference for the fueling and intake temp to help set up the duty cycles for the injectors.
I'm not putting too much on the bog yet until I get a few more miles. Also be there is a update.....

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
I think it is a silber thing with him reflashing the ecu.

Elevation is based off a calculation the MAP sensor spits out. Eventually, we will get around to fixing this, but being we change the MAP sensor, and completely remap the sled, this is one of those quarks.

B
Oct 11, 2017
I'm running Silber at7lb of boost on my 18 MC with 30/70 AV/91. Running 78g pulling 8450rpm at 10,000ft. I also have a slight hesitation on the very bottom end before the boost comes on. No Det. Justin initially had be set up my weights heavy on the heal. He's having me switch to heavy on the tip and change plugs, thinks that might help low end hesitation. Ive made those changes but haven't been back on the snow yet. To be clear, that hesitation is very minor and has almost no effect on rideability. Just trying to clean up the bottom end a bit. On boost it absolutely rips. I also have the altimeter fluctuations. Overall very happy with this set up.

Last edited:

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
I'm running Silber at7lb of boost on my 18 MC with 30/70 AV/91. Running 78g pulling 8450rpm at 10,000ft. I also have a slight hesitation on the very bottom end before the boost comes on. No Det. Justin initially had be set up my weights heavy on the heal. He's having me switch to heavy on the tip and change plugs, thinks that might help low end hesitation. Ive made those changes but haven't been back on the snow yet. To be clear, that hesitation is very minor and has almost no effect on rideability. Just trying to clean up the bottom end a bit. On boost it absolutely rips. I also have the altimeter fluctuations. Overall very happy with this set up.

Just about the same here. rips other than the low bog not hard to clean out just annoying. already leaned how to ride around it but hard to sell new kits to my buds who fight with it when they get on my sled.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
That was the awesome thing about my silber gen4. Crispest, cleanest bottom end I ever had on a turbo. My buddy had an Mpi with about the same thing you guys are talking about. Just a split second above engagement. It sucks. I won't live with that. Sounds like not enough testing because everyone is saying the same thing.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
we have a axys and 850 doo in our group each with the Silber kits and they are all nice and clean. I think the cat was last on the table so I bet a bit more tuning will take place. the kit is super clean and a way smarter design than the others.

B
Jul 28, 2008
I don't understand paying almost 20k for a boosted sled and then trying to save $2 a gallon with pump gas. 50/50 seems to be a reliable trade-off. I've run straight av gas in my turbo sleds for 5 years and never had a problem. Worth every penny imo.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I don't understand paying almost 20k for a boosted sled and then trying to save $2 a gallon with pump gas. 50/50 seems to be a reliable trade-off. I've run straight av gas in my turbo sleds for 5 years and never had a problem. Worth every penny imo.
I don't get it either. Is mixing 50/50 av/pump for saving money?
Or is it for better power?
Av in my turbo. 100% of the time.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT

There is a thing called wasting money. Not up to you to spend somebody else's money. Over octane your sled all you want.

B
Jul 28, 2008
There is a thing called wasting money. Not up to you to spend somebody else's money. Over octane your sled all you want.

Let the big boys that have and know something about turbos talk....don't worry, if you had one you could work an extra hour at the fryer to spend on avgas.

Last edited:

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Big boys don't have to talk or give bad rep again. I better go out and check my truck to make sure it isn't keyed. Have a nice day.

And I get bad reped 3 times in one night. Proof that liberals snowmobile.

Last edited:
Premium Features