• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dear Polaris Survey

How satisfied are you with your Polaris? Please click all that apply.

• Best sled I've ever owned!

Votes: 232 37.2%
  • Nice, but not what I was expecting.

Votes: 97 15.5%
  • Can I give it back?

Votes: 142 22.8%
  • Best performing motor ever!

Votes: 71 11.4%
  • Had some problems, but I'm glad they keep trying.

Votes: 164 26.3%
  • Never mind I'll do it myself.

Votes: 124 19.9%
  • Fit and finish is incredible!

Votes: 38 6.1%
  • I've seen better.

Votes: 115 18.4%
  • Give the kid his crayons back so he quits touching my sled.

Votes: 35 5.6%
  • Engineering that sets the standards!

Votes: 49 7.9%
  • It looks good on paper, but falls short by the time it leaves the assembly line.

Votes: 159 25.5%
  • You were one of those kids trying to put the triangle in the round hole weren't you.

Votes: 42 6.7%
  • I can't say enough about Polaris dealer support!

Votes: 88 14.1%
  • My dealer is always helpful, but doesn't always have the latest info.

Votes: 136 21.8%
  • Why do I know more than they do?

Votes: 160 25.6%

• Total voters

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
I thought it might be a nice way to get a better perspective on whether or not we feel Polaris Industries is at the top of their game. :)

Please check all that apply and please be serious. I wanted to break it into 5 sections, but I'm not smart enough. You will notice they are in groups of 3.
Thanks

Last edited:

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
actually ski the 2 ring piston motor is pretty good..its all the bad mapping that is causing problems....

That's why mine got 2 injectors, another v.r, and still waiting on another ECU.:mad: It's not all mapping, at least not here. I wish I would have known this was never gonna end 6 months ago, I could have sold this piece of chit and had a new sled.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I have owned 10 polaris sleds and my 09 D8 has had more problems than all of the other sleds combined X3!!! (and that includes a 05 and 06 900)

X2, I've owned 7 and never any factory issues. This makes up for all of the sleds, cars, trucks, boats, and appliances that I have ever owned.

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
My vote was "great dealer but doesn't always have latest info" I find this to be true allot of the times. I come on here and find info then am visiting with him later and bring it up and he gets this blank stare then starts cussing bout polaris..

Heck there was a update kit for a Razor heating problem one time and not only did the forum know about the kit they listed the part#. He called to order it and Polaris said it didn't exist! He spent tons of time on the phone bouncing from one person to the next and in the end he gets one of the lines engineers. The guys says "oh yeah that kit is out, we just do not have our parts catalog update done" Heck with the parts #, what about the TSB???

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
That's why mine got 2 injectors, another v.r, and still waiting on another ECU.:mad: It's not all mapping, at least not here. I wish I would have known this was never gonna end 6 months ago, I could have sold this piece of chit and had a new sled.

YEAH i FEEL FOR EVERYONE WITH ISSUES SKI....and your right..not just mapping so much as electrical issues period.......

R

R44guy

Oct 8, 2008
MN
www.mnhelicopters.com
Sales Surveys should be delayed

The sales survey should only be after two years of ownership and who is Polaris kidding they are really about the selling dealer, more so than anything else.

The product quality can not even be considered until you have owned and operated the sled for multiple years. I can tell you that there have been some improvements but until the maps and VR issues are truly resolved these sleds will continue to cost the owners alot of down time and extensive repair costs in the future.

Polaris is all ready voiding warranty's for no good cause but if the VR goes out and then they void your warranty repair because you have a SLP air horn kit it is sad and it will just cost them more sled sales and customers.

Polaris has more challenges to come with the EPA emissions and I suspect in the next few years they will no longer sell 2 strokes. JMO

N
Dec 23, 2009
Let's just say I don't plan on buying any more Polaris products ....

X2 Polaris is definately not on top of their game. The snowmobile is what got Polaris where they are today and I think they've forgotten that. When I buy my next sled, I won't forget, a Polaris it won't be.

Last edited:
A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
I like the chassis and the whole setup performed great for about 3 rides total. I have had chaincase problems, clutch problems, voltage regulator problems, etc. Luckily I have a great dealer who has helped me out a lot. Unfortunately it is a 4 hour roundtrip drive. I just had my primary clutch rebuilt after 1000 miles. A friend of mine just found his motor mount bolt beneath his belly pan this morning. Sometimes part of me thinks it is just the nature of the beast. It seems un-natural to be able to crank out 150 plus horsepower (supposedly) out of a powerplant that small. I am not an expert by any means, but it seems like ALL the sleds have some sort of issues. To tell you the truth, it has really made me think long and hard about how much I like to snowmobile. I know my ski's never broke down this much.

T
Dec 2, 2007
Kent, WA USA
The handling, shocks and springs are my biggest complaint. And the tons of black silicone all over everything! why won't they put enough spring in the back? fit and finish sucks! it took 3 years of production to figure out a plastic bumper is not ok? My next sled will be made in thief river falls..... not Rosseau!

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
X2

They simply can not make thease engines run good with the strict peramiters that EPA has set.

BS, Cat and Doo don't have any problems meeting EPA standards and making their motors run good. Polaris needs to hire somebody that knows how to make the electronics and CFI mapping work.

N
Dec 23, 2009
BS, Cat and Doo don't have any problems meeting EPA standards and making their motors run good. Polaris needs to hire somebody that knows how to make the electronics and CFI mapping work.

Exactly. The sad part is their cfi has been out for how long? Polaris better stop f%&#ing around and get their s*&t together.

R

R44guy

Oct 8, 2008
MN
www.mnhelicopters.com
EPA Emissions Points?

Has anyone heard about the the EPA's point system? It sounds like Polaris ran out of points and is now held to a tighter tolerance then doo & cat since they have more points? I just wasnt sure if this is how the system works? If this was the case it would make some sense?

A
Nov 26, 2007
It is a credit system and you can buy credits from industry. Appanrantly Polaris did not use any credits on this engine and Cat and Doo did for there engines. They are still having problems but just not to the same extent.

Premium Features