• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whats the best glue for windshield trim ?

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
I'd use something flexible, RTV should do the trick and hold up in low temps. Won't outgas and leave crap all over the windshield like superglue would.

Epoxy would likely be too hard once cured to flex in a rollover/headlight check.

Other option is a tape, 3M "VHB" foam tape would be my recommendation if you went that route.

R
Aug 30, 2008
Rocky Mountians
Ok,

To be honest I am tempted to sand the edge smooth and run it. Clean it up real nice, debured, Etc. I have a feeling no matter what I use its going to come off with all the flexing and cold temps !

I never roll my sled so at least I dont have to worry about that :rolleyes:

S

Snow Flake

If you ride in the trees the only thing that will hold the windshield trim on for sure is drill small holes and zip tie it or lace it with some fine electrical wire.

T
Dec 20, 2008
Radium, BC
We cut down a windshield same thing as you. Picked up trim at an automotive supply and it was a bit different than what came off...it slipped on tightly and had an edge to it that seemed to suck it on there. Two seasons, no glue, LOTS of tree riding/crashing, deep powder, 3000kms per year and still on there like the first day.

T

T-Bone

Nov 11, 2005
Shelby, MT
Gorilla glue would probably work but leave a terrible mess on the windshield when it starts expanding. I just got done using some on the interior of my wifes expedition. I made a damn thin strip to hold the 2 plastic pieces together and it still expanded and made a mess.

R

RMK SeVeN

Nov 27, 2007
Fairbanks, AK
RTV has worked great on all mine. Done it a few times. No problems riding in trees :rolleyes: I always reuse the trim that I just took off.

A
Apr 2, 2009
Go to a fabric store and get some Aileens tacky craft glue, I am not 100% about the name but its close. Look for a brown bottle. That stuff is awesome, 100's of uses. I found out about it from a guy that does upholstry who recomended it for a small tear in the seat, it worked great for that, it bonds well but stays flexible even in cold.

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
Exactly what I did - no glue , no problems.

We cut down a windshield same thing as you. Picked up trim at an automotive supply and it was a bit different than what came off...it slipped on tightly and had an edge to it that seemed to suck it on there. Two seasons, no glue, LOTS of tree riding/crashing, deep powder, 3000kms per year and still on there like the first day.

Premium Features