• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha rail release date?

B
Jul 28, 2008
Don't know if it's news or not to anyone but to reiterate Arctic Cat was going to release a bolt on alpha rail for 18+ m8000. They pulled back from releasing it (imo to sale more alpha sleds). Anyone have the inside scoop on a possible release date? This Spring seems to make the most sense, but I guess we'll see.

B
Jul 28, 2008
They'd be smarter to wait until next fall and get another round of snow checks.

In the other thread, you're saying that giving more than a year warranty would po the snowcheckers. This thread, you're saying to po the snowcheckers by releasing the rail in the Fall.

You're not very consistent in your thinking eh?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I didn't say it wouldn't make some snow check guys upset, I just don't think it would offend as many as the first year guys. Especially if the kits were being sold at the MSRP of $3500 that they were supposed to. Then it makes it a tougher choice between that and a new sled. Their dealers are at least making a decent amount of money on the kit at that rate to make up for loosing a sled sale. I think Cat/Textron was trying to do a good thing for everyone with the kits. When a couple dealers undercut the deal and advertise selling them for almost cost is when things get screwy. Turns out they needed all those rails and tracks anyway to fill all the orders.

The reality is that if Cat never released an upgrade kit and made people piece it together themselves, they would sell more sleds and keep all the snow checkers happy. At least on this front.

Cat00

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
My dealer was told the only way they can get an alpha rail is with a vin number and proof the the rail is broke or bent on the sled the vin number matches

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
My dealer was told the only way they can get an alpha rail is with a vin number and proof the the rail is broke or bent on the sled the vin number matches

I said months ago this is what they’ll do. Not saying it will be forever but does not surprise me at all.

tenacious84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 19, 2010
this whole thread is why i revived the home made alpha kit thread

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
I was thinking they sold more alphas than expected and needed the parts. its purple anyway, you don't like purple in your other thread;)

B
Jul 28, 2008
I was thinking they sold more alphas than expected and needed the parts. its purple anyway, you don't like purple in your other thread;)

I'd take green over purple. I'd take any other color over purple. Black, blue, red. Don't worry, it would get powder coated so it doesn't look like a 1980 pos ;)

Cat00

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yeah tracks are available my dealer has I 165 track sitting there

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
Someone had full Alpha set up for sale yesterday on the Proclimb/Ascender facebook page, listed as best offer. Not sure how much it sold for. I think once the season goes full swing and a couple get totalled they will become available

Premium Features