• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Quick drive belt slipping off after bearing install?

S
Dec 28, 2011
My buddy had to replace a bearing on the lower quick drive pulley and now when he reinstalled it the belt keeps walking off the pulley, anybody have a suggestion on what’s up? Thinking that the bearing isn’t seated correctly but not sure.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Drive shaft or jack shaft bent or bearing issue, loose of bent quick drive pulley.

Remove the quick drive belt, check for any play in either shaft, then turn the track and secondary clutch and watch the pulleys for runout.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Don't overlook the obvious. Is the top sprocket which holds the belt on installed backwards? I'm not sure this is possible but crossed my mind.
It is possible to get one backwards... there is no belt guide since there is a shoulder on opposite sides of each pulley to keep the belt on. If it is walking off over one of those shoulders then I would say the belt may be shot, or the drive shaft put back in such a way that the shaft is out of parallel...

Premium Features