• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need Help with QRS Re-install Problem

I

IQOUTLAW

Sep 10, 2008
At one point I'd get it half to 3/4 into the tower and it would pop back out

Yup had that happen as well - ridiculous. Wondering if skidoo has a special tool for that like they do for so many other things...

Now that I know what’s going on I’m sure I’ll get’er in. Just can’t believe they’d eliminate a cross member and allow that tower to have any play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
Lots of side to side flex in the secondary tower, maybe that’s Ski Doo’s idea of a floater

The tower flexes when you push the qrs shaft in, the bearing is a tight but perfect fit, pull the shaft and give a love tap to the tower should pop right in...
Unless ya dorked the tower by mashing the edge over

Last edited:
S
Dec 3, 2017
All that side to side play and the two rear bolts that matter the most to support the tower and they use crap bolts threaded into the aluminum bulk head with not nuts, made no sense to me. I pulled those out and thru bolted with grade 8 and nuts like the front two bolts before the recall notice even came out.

I

IQOUTLAW

Sep 10, 2008
All that side to side play and the two rear bolts that matter the most to support the tower and they use crap bolts threaded into the aluminum bulk head with not nuts, made no sense to me. I pulled those out and thru bolted with grade 8 and nuts like the front two bolts before the recall notice even came out.

Because they figured with all that wobble the crap bolts can snap before it damages the brittle bulkhead...

S
Dec 3, 2017
Well before I saw the recall anyway. Then my dealer wouldn't give me the factory fix bolts and nuts, they said I couldn't do it myself must bring the sled in and have them do it to have the sled not have an open recall. They would not even sell me the recall bolts.

S
Dec 3, 2017
My sled had some scratches on the slide frame from shipping straps they ordered me new slide rails and in the mean time I installed ice age bomber rails and Elka shocks. Then 4 weeks later my new factory rails showed up so I went down to swap them with the scratched rails and they said oh we can't do that we have to install the new rails. They wanted me to take the ice age rails out put the scratched stock rails back in then they would swap them out. I said no way so they sent the new rails back and I got left with the scratched factory rails instead of the new ones. Totally rediculous imo.

I

IQOUTLAW

Sep 10, 2008
My sled had some scratches on the slide frame from shipping straps they ordered me new slide rails and in the mean time I installed ice age bomber rails and Elka shocks. Then 4 weeks later my new factory rails showed up so I went down to swap them with the scratched rails and they said oh we can't do that we have to install the new rails. They wanted me to take the ice age rails out put the scratched stock rails back in then they would swap them out. I said no way so they sent the new rails back and I got left with the scratched factory rails instead of the new ones. Totally rediculous imo.

Think I’d find a new dealer after that...

I

IQOUTLAW

Sep 10, 2008
Have you guys tried to install the QRS in as far as you can, then put in the gear bolt to suck bearing in housing? I have done this on stubborn XP chassis when installing shim kits.

Yup tried it - won’t suck the bearing in, just flexes the tower over...I’m thinking the c-clamps or some way to press the bearing in is the best option.

Open to ideas...ended up taking chaincase cover off and pulling the top gear and chain.

Waiting on a new gear anyway but that should allow the shaft to seat freely into the case as I press the bearing into the cradle on the tower.

snosumitcsr

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Trout Lake Washington
I had to put the flange that holds the bearing in place and tighten the nut and it sucked it in just fine. it was the tower to bearing interface that was holding mine back, not anything in the chaincase.

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I had to put the flange that holds the bearing in place and tighten the nut and it sucked it in just fine. it was the tower to bearing interface that was holding mine back, not anything in the chaincase.

This is what I did.

Premium Features