• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone got their MTNTK Blow Hole yet?

R

R3bu

Dec 11, 2014
Just got mine. Will install later this week or wkd. Any install advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just make sure to cut enough around the clutch cover and blowhole to make sure it's not touching and possibly grounding the DESS key

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
Just make sure to cut enough around the clutch cover and blowhole to make sure it's not touching and possibly grounding the DESS key

If it is grounding and causing a DESS error. Take the hood off and look down to see how much and what part of the cone is touching. Then grind it down so there is a gap. I went with about 1/8" then added a 1/16" thick rubber to where it was touching.

Just my experience with it and how I fixed it.

IMG_2792.jpg IMG_2793.jpg IMG_2794.jpg

Last edited:
S
Dec 5, 2010
Sḵwxwú7mesh, BC
Just buy a ktm rad fan, and install it on the clutch cover down buy the foot hole. My buddy did this 700 km ago and it works awesome, it blows hot air out of the clutches like a blow dryer.

Thanks for the idea. Had a ktm fan Laying around so I whipped this up ....

The foot hole is usually packed with snow so we’ll see how good this will work. But cost nothing to build anyway so why not.

feb1c7c8358e6035ad814de1c947ca42.jpg

yosh30

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2009
Where did you hook the wires?

Thanks for the idea. Had a ktm fan Laying around so I whipped this up ....

The foot hole is usually packed with snow so we’ll see how good this will work. But cost nothing to build anyway so why not.

feb1c7c8358e6035ad814de1c947ca42.jpg

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
The temperature of the air coming out of the blow hole wouldn't allow snow to build up. You'll probably be just fine. Might make for a wet left foot though...

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
If it is grounding and causing a DESS error. Take the hood off and look down to see how much and what part of the cone is touching. Then grind it down so there is a gap. I went with about 1/8" then added a 1/16" thick rubber to where it was touching.

Just my experience with it and how I fixed it.

So what happens if you shatter a belt and all the chucks go into the fan?

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
So what happens if you shatter a belt and all the chucks go into the fan?

Hole really is pretty small to be honest. Also, the fan is right down on top of the belt cover. It's in between the belt guard and the side panel and at an angle.

Could it happen....maybe. Will it? Probably not. I just know that after seeing the carnage of belts getting too hot last hear I am going to keep mine cool. Maybe it won't shatter if it's kept cool.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
The fan is very heavy duty. It's definitely not some small cheesy light fin fan. Like I stated above I have yet to blow a belt since I installed them on my sleds though.

jokerman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Wy.
Sled is still at the dealer,getting recall done.Just ordered 1 myself, new to doo leaving poo:face-icon-small-sho

G
Feb 12, 2014
5336b16802a3c1f1e3f5ce50afec5644.jpg

Installed today. Pretty easy, cutting the clutch cover was a pain but everything came together fine.

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
Installed today. Pretty easy, cutting the clutch cover was a pain but everything came together fine.

Man, you have your springs dialed up! Is there guidance on spring settings vs weight?

bubblyjock

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2012
Worland, Wyoming
Turbo'd 18' and I have had 0 belt issues. Turbo and Blowhole were installed when the sled was new. Clutches are warm but I have been able to adjust pivot bolt weights almost immediately after stopping. I have been checking deflection before each ride and cleaning clutches and belt every 3rd.

Premium Features