• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 Liberty from EDGE chassis in Pro-ride chassis???

R
Apr 10, 2014
Hi! I have a 155" Pro-RMK 2012, And i am planning to put my 800 Liberty from Edge in it! Do anybody here know if it is much work? Engine mounts etc?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
The stock 800 Cfi sits very low in that chassis... and is tiny in comparison to the 800 BB. So much so that Polaris had to modify the angle of the throttle body boots to clear the chassis.

HUGE work IMO... plus you will mess with the balance of the sled as you will have to mount the engine high in the chassis... I'm sure you will have big effort to clear steering linkages... and to fabricate a custom exhaust pipe.

What would be your reason to do this?

Last edited:
R
Apr 10, 2014
The stock 800 Cfi sits very low in that chassis... and is tiny in comparison to the 800 BB. So much so that Polaris had to modify the angle of the throttle body boots to clear the chassis.

HUGE work IMO... plus you will mess with the balance of the sled as you will have to mount the engine high in the chassis... I'm sure you will have big effort to clear steering linkages... and to fabricate a custom exhaust pipe.

What would be your reason to do this?
The reason why i want to do this is that its expensive to buy a 800 cfi, the edge engine is cheaper :) I dont have so much money atm.. just rebuild'ed whole sled!

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
by the time you buy the engine plate, make it work it is a lot of work, we put a cat motor in one and its not cheap.

BlowinSmoke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Frenchtown, Montana
Brad at power addiction racing in Utah makes a plate for the pro to bolt that motor up. I have a Union Bay 900 I priced out to put into the pro. From all my research it would cost $1000 for motor plate and pipes from CPI in Utah as well.

BB motors make higher hp power for less money but tend to come apart more frequently. They aldo use a whole bunch more fuel and oil.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
but tend to come apart more frequently...

Is this possible;)

I don't see how putting in almost any other 2 stroke motor could cost more than the most overpriced 2 stroke motor ever put in a snowmobile! Shame on you Poo, shame, shame, shame!!!

Last edited:
S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I was thinking something with another cylinder... but everyone tells me, I am nuttier than squirrel poop.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
that cat from WA did a triple pro and he said it was awesome
but i think i remember him having like 30 hours in the pipes alone :face-icon-small-sho if you go for it start a thread on the build with pics
good luck

R
Apr 10, 2014
Brad at power addiction racing in Utah makes a plate for the pro to bolt that motor up. I have a Union Bay 900 I priced out to put into the pro. From all my research it would cost $1000 for motor plate and pipes from CPI in Utah as well.

BB motors make higher hp power for less money but tend to come apart more frequently. They aldo use a whole bunch more fuel and oil.
Who is CPI in Utah, and where can i contact them? PAR wanted $600 for just the engine mount... :face-icon-small-con

Premium Features