• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Driven clutch won't open with tool to remove belt????

M
Mar 21, 2010
Rhode Island
Hey guy's just tried to take belt off for inspection and the driven clutch won't separate with the tool. real hard to turn in there and is not opening at all. Am I missing something here? My 89 indy used to be hard to turn then would open right up. Glad I'm not on the trail with a blown belt.:face-icon-small-dis

M
Mar 21, 2010
Rhode Island
Thanks man I never even thought of that, :face-icon-small-fro man I think it is already too late will have to take apart now and see what I mashed.:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-dis:face-icon-small-fro

S
Jan 4, 2008
Don't force it!

I second the comment that the clutch is in the reverse position. Happens to me all the time when I back into the garage and then decide to change belts later and have to snap it back into forward first.

Just start sled up and pull forward until the secondary clutch snaps back into forward position.

Then insert your clutch tool or use your hands or whatever to widen the sheaves.

Premium Features