• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber turbo etec clutching and afr

M
Nov 19, 2017
So i got my turbo running but havent installed the clutch kit .

I have a daughter playing with my stuff so my question is , Is kit complete now? Attach pictures. And what is the purple spring? Something i had in garage before or is it to the kit ?

Is it hard to install? Can anyone explain how?

About afr , i havent done anything with dobeck just factory setting and when i start i just see --- Readings on gauge. If i rev like 4500 i see high afr like 17.

Resized_20171125_104710.jpeg Resized_20171125_105013.jpeg

M
Jan 17, 2017
New Hampshire
You will want to install the clutch kit for sure. There are pleanty of youtube videos that show how you can do this. You will need some clutch tools before doing so. Purple spring is for your wastegate. Typically they come with a 7lb installed and the lone one is a 3 or 5lb. You can give the factory dobeck a shot, but really all its good for is wall art. I bought a redline from bryce at turbo performance, also think theres a thread below about the aurora which seems pretty nice as well and seems to be getting good feedback

Last edited:
M
Nov 19, 2017
Thanks for reply. How to not overrev? How long Will oem reeds last?

When i start i see 14.5 are at idle for like 2sec then --- . Is that normal ?

Just tested on the grass and mid Range i see afr 13-14 . No snow so hard to test.

No one know if the clutch kit is complete?

M
Jan 17, 2017
New Hampshire
You will need to install the proper pin weight for the amount of boost you will run. There is a chart on the last page of the silber install manual that will give you a starting point. Your kit looks complete to me. Only difference is that i dont think mine came with ramps. I will have to go through my pile of parts to confirm. My reeds went due to either blowing belts at wot or inproper clutching for the boost i was running. Hopefully have that straightened out now tho. Your idle afr is completely normal to do that

yamiman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
ND
I’ve been mixing 3g of av gas and remainder 91 running an shr 860 and impulse turbo at 5 psi for break in. Worked perfect last year. Friend of mine with exact same setup ran straight 91 pump gas at 5psi for a whole week. All at 8-10000’

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Hope you have better luck than me, never made a hr and took a rod out..

I’ve been mixing 3g of av gas and remainder 91 running an shr 860 and impulse turbo at 5 psi for break in. Worked perfect last year. Friend of mine with exact same setup ran straight 91 pump gas at 5psi for a whole week. All at 8-10000’

yamiman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
ND
Hope you have better luck than me, never made a hr and took a rod out..

Heard something about this through the grapevine. Sooo Snow X rods are not as tough as we thought. Hopefully a fluke deal. Any more info on what the cause was? Cylinder pressure, detonation?

chad006

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2015
I've been running crank works rods from Brent at Arctic edge for a season and a half now at 8lbs. I run 60/40 premium/AV and 80-1 oil in tank with oil pump turned up, modified head.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Ya still pisses me off.. sled the few miles I got on it felt crazy strong, bottom end was unreal, then after a quick one second wot it put a big hole out the block, lost motor that quick, no signs of det, and snow x was no help, should be run out of business..

I currently have a Linderman built motor again with his rods and bought a second set of rods for another BJ build.. need to find another motor again..

If these 860s could workout, I don’t see the 850 taking it over to soon

Premium Features