• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Are snowmobile tracks universal?

DenverR1

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Denver, CO
I've got a buddy that has an older v-max with a 136 inch track and small lugs. He wants to put on a 136 with two inch lugs. Will any 136 inch track work?

B
Sep 3, 2004
SW MN
www.itctel.com
as long as the lug will clear the front of the tunnel. I beleieve the rails have a standard of width that they are apart. So choose the style you want and make sure that it will clear and put it up in there.

Patrick

M
Nov 29, 2007
Goodrich, ND
All 136" tracks should be 2.52 pitch. As long as the lugs will clear in the front, it will fit. If they don't clear, then you have to put smaller drivers on. If you have to go down to a 7 tooth, make sure you get extroverts.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City, SD
As long as there is clearance up front and the track is a 136" which implies it is also 2.52 pitch, it will work in there. Also, be sure check the tunnel width measurement. The newer skidoos use a 16" wide track that will NOT fit under some snowmobiles. Check the inside width of the tunnel, if it's not 16.25" minumum, then you can only have a 15" wide track.

C
Nov 30, 2007
All 136" tracks should be 2.52 pitch. As long as the lugs will clear in the front, it will fit. If they don't clear, then you have to put smaller drivers on. If you have to go down to a 7 tooth, make sure you get extroverts.

I'm looking at doing the same thing to a Powder Special. I think that I have to change drivers so why would I put on extroverts? what's the advantage?

thanks

SledBC

Lifetime Membership
Jul 7, 2001
Kitimat, BC
www.sledbc.com
I'm looking at doing the same thing to a Powder Special. I think that I have to change drivers so why would I put on extroverts? what's the advantage?

thanks
With a smaller driver there is less contact at all times with the track requiring you to run your track tight. Extroverts let you run it less tight and the track won't slip on the drivers. I think this is what he's getting at.

Premium Features