• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Heated or Turbo fan goggles

F
Nov 26, 2007
Murray Utah
I bought a pair of the turbo-fan goggles for my sweetheart ( she wears glasses and is always fogging up) they work REALLY well. If its super cold or deep powder, I will use them ( aslong as she doesn't go). the fan is a little noisy but you only use it for a few minutes. They are also large enough to fit over glasses. I usually get a season on 2 AAA batteries. Worth the money.

glassman

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2003
Hinton, Alberta
Dual lense goggles wont fog up too bad if you wear a breath deflector. I ride with an open face helmet all season long and dont have many fogging issues. The deflector I only use when it is really cold out.

BOHICA

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Colorado
I've used the turbo fan goggles and they worked pretty good but still fogged up on a big powder day. Here's what I do now, carry two pair of goggles, scott turbo flows are my favorites, find a place in your engine bay to keep one pair warm while riding, just swap them out when you get a pair fogged up.:)

S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
The turbofan goggles are the best thing out there IMO. I fog everything. I also wipe my goggles with a no-fog cloth. I used to carry goggles on my belt gaurd, goggles in my backpack and goggles on. It was so bad i used to rotate them all day. My son bought me a pair of the fan goggles a few years back and they are awesome. I wear the same pair all day and just leave the fan on low. If you stop lots or they sart to fog up if you have been digging etc, you just turn them to high for a few minutes and watch the fog disappear, then put them back to low. The batteries usually last the season. I now have 2 pair, 1 with a rose lens and 1 yellow and they are all I ever use. Worth every penny.

K
Nov 26, 2007
colorado
my vote

:) they work great, they still fog a little when your getting face shots, I only use them on deep days, my hjc breath diverter works almost all time

I
Nov 29, 2007
I have tried everything including the fan goggles! No fog cloths, different wipe on solutions to try to control fogging of my glasses and goggles. I still needed more airflow.

I have found with the fan goggles, that if I pulled out the foam on the top part of the goggle, (the vents) that I could get enough airflow to make it so I could ride most of the day without fogging. If you are still fogging with the fan on you might want to give this a try.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Breckenridge, CO
Buy high quality goggles

I think the biggest problem people have with goggles is they take them on and off too much. I put mine on when I get out of the truck and leave them on until I get back in the truck. Sure I take my helmet off at breaks but put my googles back on. If you keep the inside warm and the outside cold no problems. Do not put them up on your forehead or leave them on your helmet when it is tipped up, ect. If you buy good goggles (Oakley, Smith, Ect.) and keep them on your face you don't need motorized goggles.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Okotoks
I've tried the heated electric goggles. They work but I still don't like the cord to the sled. I started using a 12v rechargeable battery in my backpack but then lost the charging unit that plugged into the wall. The goggles worked well. When they were plugged into the sled they were almost too warm sometimes. The biggest problem is the wire to the elements in the lens isn't secured very well and it was easy to pull the wire right off.
Now I carry 2 pairs of goggles. One for the trail and then I switch to the others once I'm in the play areas.

Z

zsnowshredder

Nov 30, 2007
Mancos, CO
Has anyone found that the snow was coming in the turbofans. I bought a pair for deep powder and found the snow would fly around inside. Rode with them twice and sold them. This makes no sense to me cause the fan is pulling air out.:confused: Mabey I should try them again.

1oldfart

Dec 3, 2007
1oldfart's product review:

I've got really bad vission, contacts won't work for me, and the doc says no to eye surgury. I've tried the tubo's and not impressed. Worked well when the weather was ok, but no better than regular good quality goggles in lousy weather or deep snow riding. The fan never had good clearance at the top of the helmet padding, and the entire area around the fan would freeze up with snow and ice. Fan failed during second season of use. Back to using Scott Voltage OTG goggles. They ventilate well, fit over glasses comfortably, clear fast, fit helmet well, and inexpensive enough to have several pair.

Premium Features