• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

OVS Turbo oil pump not pumping M1000

C

chevnrev

Jan 20, 2010
Pullman, WA
So I've just about got my OVS Tial rg turbo kit all finished up on my 08 M1000, but I had some issues. I couldn't get my oil pump for the turbo oil to pump any oil. I hooked the driver board up to 12V, and I can feel the oil pump vibrating a bit, but it won't put anything out. Any ideas what could be the issue?

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
So I've just about got my OVS Tial rg turbo kit all finished up on my 08 M1000, but I had some issues. I couldn't get my oil pump for the turbo oil to pump any oil. I hooked the driver board up to 12V, and I can feel the oil pump vibrating a bit, but it won't put anything out. Any ideas what could be the issue?

Sounds like the pump isn't catching prime or you have a blockage somewhere in the line. If you pull the oil hose off the pump suction does oil come out? Might just be a priming issue.

C

chevnrev

Jan 20, 2010
Pullman, WA
No it doesn't. I blew through it with compressed air to make sure the hose wasn't plugged up, and i pumped oil in the intake side of the line with an oil pump can, then had the pump running and put the intake line in a cap full of oil, but it still wasn't pumping

S

Sno Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
Are you sure you have it running in the right direction? I assume you already checked this...but sometimes its the simplest things.

I've heard of the pumps going bad...but I assumed when the went bad they didn't vibrate any longer.

C

chevnrev

Jan 20, 2010
Pullman, WA
I will try swapping the wires, I figured that wouldn't do anything as the instructions say you can hook them up either way. But you never know! Like you said, the littlest things like that are sometimes the whole issue. So does the driver board convert the 12V DC power to AC for the oil pump? That's the only way I figured that you could hook up either wire to either pole on the pump. I'm sure someone on here would know, I'm really new to all of this stuff. Thanks for the suggestions guys!

C

chevnrev

Jan 20, 2010
Pullman, WA
Sounds like the pump isn't catching prime or you have a blockage somewhere in the line. If you pull the oil hose off the pump suction does oil come out? Might just be a priming issue.

By the way, when I replied "no it doesn't", I meant that oil doesn't come out of the suction hose when I pull the hose off of the inlet to the pump section. I read my reply and realized it could have been interpreted the wrong way.

C

chevnrev

Jan 20, 2010
Pullman, WA
Update: switched the poles around and it's still not pumping any oil. I'm wondering if the filter is plugged. Does anyone know where you can get these filters?
ebe5063dda0bccbeeaa4069bec0f95a3fadcc259_400r.jpg

R
Dec 22, 2007
Alberta
I think you have to hook up the control box to 12v ac not dc the controler is a timing circiut and filter to clean up the power. This is what i was told hooked mine up to 12v dc now i have to get it fixed. The pumps are 12v ac.

C

chevnrev

Jan 20, 2010
Pullman, WA
When I hooked up the pump to power, I hooked up 12v DC to the plug where you tap into the power from the fuel pump, so it would have gone through the driver board first. I was told that the 07 and 08 models are all DC sleds, where the 09 has some AC systems on it.

C

chevnrev

Jan 20, 2010
Pullman, WA
So today I tried it, and I don't know what changed, but it was pumping oil this time. Maybe it finally primed itself or something. However, that was with the fitting off of the top of the turbo recirculating back to the tank. When I hooked it up to the top of the turbo I couldn't get any oil to pump all the way through the turbo and back into the tank....any ideas what could be my issue? Maybe it's not putting out enough psi? The fitting on top of the turbo doesn't really look free flowing, but like it would have to build up enough pressure to push through it....terrible explanation, I know.

M
Apr 13, 2008
Is the turbo hooked to the exhaust so it is spinning? If not you could try to spin it while it is pumping. I only made sure mine was pumping to the turbo. I never had the turbo off the tank to see how much was making it through.

D
Aug 19, 2016
Old thread but worth a shot. So on an 07 that's already got the dc system could you just run the pump to power and ground and not use the control box? Or if someone could explain how to hook it all up, I've got a used kit and terrible directions :(

Premium Features