• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 M 1000 gearing

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
57/63 above 6500 feet works really good.

Below that you should be able to pull the 60/60

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
ok yes

stock 60/60 gearing should never have been sold on a 1000cc sled delivered west of the big river.

57/63 is ok in the hills, just ok, lower is better. The problem is few can clutch the geared down sled to work very well. I can't say for sure but startling results are available with stock 38 helix, stock secondary spring and a bdx adjustable spring pressure helix end cap. Play with that whitle plastic adjuster, magic in finding enough pressure for belt traction and letting that big turd upshift.

Last one I setup at my shop for a customer was a steep and deep tree machine geared next step below the 57/63. 1st morning out with his new clutching the customer had to cross a mile of lake to go hit the foolhills and back country. Knowing the other couple m1000 owners were going to pound him accross the lake to the trail head and rub it in hard, the customer decided to show them his ski lifting low end drag race sled and then lef them rail on by. After a mile lake race he had them by 100 yards in 6" of fluff on hard base. Sold a pile of pieces to those pilgrims on Monday morning.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Leave it Stock!!!

Everyone knows I'm opinionated so here it goes again.

I ran against several geared down 1000s with the same setup as mine and not a single one performed as good. So if you think yours did like all the other guys out there your smoking crack.
This is why most guys think theres did, because by gearing down it compensated for the chitty as clutches and motor movement, so it actually did work better than before.
But when you compare it to stock geared 1000 with clutches that work and the right motor mounts the stock gears will walk away.
You guys can say what you want for 2 reason, I sold mine and don't care, the pc 800 will do more anyway.
and like always even the guys I stomped in the ground still thought it wasn't the gearing.

Fix the f ing clutches and get the right mounts to keep it from twisting.

If your stuck on gearing down, good for you. :)

But at least fix the problems first.

Premium Features