• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Modene hot dawg help

S

swovay696

Mar 1, 2008
mn
Bought a 45000 used set up.for propane. Hooked everything up, and no go. Goes through its cycle, then locks up after four tryes. Glow stick gloes. Swaped black and white for reverse polarity. Bypassed thermostat. Bypassed hie limit switches. Tryed hooking up to just a 20lb cylinder. Right meow its got 75' of home flex run to a four valve manifold in my basement. Even replaced control board, ay $100. Sorry for not knowing profecional hvac lingo, and my four year old spelling. Any help would be appreciated

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
Not clear on what you mean by going through cycle. Does the burner light, or start to light tthen fail?
I would look at the gas control valve not opening. Even on the old standing pilot units, you could have pilot and no main circuit flow.
If burner runruns for a bit, may be fan will not start, shutting all Down. Disconnect fan completely, and give it direct power to check its motor.
In general any number of discussions about forced air furnaces should give you hints about where to look. The basic theory is the same. Look around for someone smarter than me.

Premium Features