• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Iceage ELEVATE kit - interesting!!!

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
So Im an a$$hole and can break an anvil with a wooden spoon, what happens if I need a replacement spindle still this season?

Got the elevate kit on both sleds now. The alpha elevate is even better IMO. My alpha no longer has any of the diving problems I complained about early season combined with 70psi in the front shocks. It really makes a positive difference on the Alpha. Every aspect of riding it helps but one for now. I need to get a better side by side comparison vs a non kit. I was on the steepest sidehills of the season yesterday in hard snow. Once the alpha track finally loses its sidhill edge it instantly tries to climb up hill instead of an elevator. Not sure if its just this track combined with the elevate kit made it more quick jerk the sled a different direction. Or if hitting the panels sooner on a stocker can make the sled slide downhill sooner depending on which rail setup... The alpha just does not elevator. But I had this same question on holding super steep sidehills even after I put the elevate kit on my Mountain Cat. Need to get non elevated of both sleds on these same exact hard steep sidehills to get a better apples to apples. Thats my only question on the heads up comparison between stock on both sleds vs elevated.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
So Im an a$$hole and can break an anvil with a wooden spoon, what happens if I need a replacement spindle still this season?

Got the elevate kit on both sleds now. The alpha elevate is even better IMO. My alpha no longer has any of the diving problems I complained about early season combined with 70psi in the front shocks. It really makes a positive difference on the Alpha. Every aspect of riding it helps but one for now. I need to get a better side by side comparison vs a non kit. I was on the steepest sidehills of the season yesterday in hard snow. Once the alpha track finally loses its sidhill edge it instantly tries to climb up hill instead of an elevator. Not sure if its just this track combined with the elevate kit made it more quick jerk the sled a different direction. Or if hitting the panels sooner on a stocker can make the sled slide downhill sooner depending on which rail setup... The alpha just does not elevator. But I had this same question on holding super steep sidehills even after I put the elevate kit on my Mountain Cat. Need to get non elevated of both sleds on these same exact hard steep sidehills to get a better apples to apples. Thats my only question on the heads up comparison between stock on both sleds vs elevated.
Are you 154 or 165?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT

Don't worry! We did set a few sets of spindles aside as spare parts so we have everything available for the inevitable mishaps that do occur. :face-icon-small-ton

For those looking to grab one before the season is over, like mentioned above, The Racin Station has 1 of each of the kits left in stock and he can get you out on the snow.

tjschiller

Premium Member
Oct 8, 2013

What shockpressures are you running? Just got my kit on and I'm having trouble with heavy steering.

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
I wonder if the hard steering is due to the height of the spindle? if lower then less resistance from the snow? maybe a shorter spindle like the Axis would work better? Just a thought?

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
What shockpressures are you running? Just got my kit on and I'm having trouble with heavy steering.

They advertise lighter steering, what’s your center track shock pressure at?

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT

Please email us at iceagesales@gmail.com and we would love to help you with shock setup to get your sled working the way you want.

With the higher lift in the front with less in the rear promotes weight rolled back and onto the center track shock and off the skis. Imbalanced shock configurations or other setup issues can (just like on a stock sled) make the sled rather unpleasant to ride.

E
Aug 28, 2017
Received my IceAge Alpha One kit, got the front on this evening. Pretty easy stuff, have the skid to drop yet. Looks like high quality parts to me, the spindle is a really nice looking piece of engineering and machining. Went ahead and increased my front shock pressures to 70. Obviously it’s not on the snow but I think there’s a marked difference in how easy the sled comes up on it’s side just sitting in the shop. Definitely made a big difference in ride height.

Next up.........Octane Ink Wrap!

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Received my IceAge Alpha One kit, got the front on this evening. Pretty easy stuff, have the skid to drop yet. Looks like high quality parts to me, the spindle is a really nice looking piece of engineering and machining. Went ahead and increased my front shock pressures to 70. Obviously it’s not on the snow but I think there’s a marked difference in how easy the sled comes up on it’s side just sitting in the shop. Definitely made a big difference in ride height.

Next up.........Octane Ink Wrap!
Should take some pics and post them up

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I’d love to but I can’t make them upload from photobucket or direct. Says the files too big
Tapatalk.
d075294e9bb2869eb789122ef8ede687.jpg

reduce

Premium Features