• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

suspension questions

C

cpx1000

Oct 24, 2013
UT
so im literally down to weeks before i can get a ride in where im at. my sleds ready to go excecpt as i was loading it on my trailer the front right shock absorber started hissing and leaking. now the sled tips super easily to the right side while the left is still still. i know i should do both front shocks at the same time and i will. heres my question. i currently have the ride fx's. are they easily rebuildable? im just down to my last dollar for upgrades this year and dont want to drop another 6-700 dollars in suspension right now. do they sell rebuild kits for them? I know how to do the forks on my dirtbikes and motorcycles but ive never even looked into an absorber like these. any help is appreciated

C

cpx1000

Oct 24, 2013
UT
next question..... im 240lbs how do i get rid of the back end sag. ive also heard talk of fat boy springs... is this a good idea? whats the general cost involved

rmk2112

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2009
Kennewick, WA
www.northstar-plumbing.com
There is supposed to be some sag.....3" I think.....have you adjusted the existing torsion springs to the stiffest setting yet?

Another good suspension mod is to move the rear scissor where it attaches to the rail back 5/8".

Good Thread about "big boy" springs, post #96 shows where I relocated my scissor

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165462&page=2

Look in the swap meet or ebay for some take off shocks, RydeFX are junk, ride them til you can afford anything better, you'll be amazed at the different ride

Last edited:

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
There is already a thread about the rear end sag. I believe it is in one of the stickies but get yourself a 225# front track spring and that will help you some

M

Mech Engr

Sep 27, 2010
Mountains
next question..... im 240lbs how do i get rid of the back end sag. ive also heard talk of fat boy springs... is this a good idea? whats the general cost involved

Well, I guess you could consider me a "fat boy" at 6'3" 225 pounds (I say it's all muscle but my wife begs to differ). :face-icon-small-ton

I did both the torsion and front track springs. Torsion springs are from Polaris and are not too expensive. The part numbers for left and right should be in the thread by rmk2112 above. The track spring can be ordered from Polaris too. You can get the part number from a serice manual or maybe the owners manual (available as a free download from Polaris). Good luck and enjoy!

John

Premium Features