• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

polaris 900 Union Bay custom built motor.

R
Dec 14, 2012
Does anyone have any info about the Union Bay big bore 900 motor? Wanting to upgrade my motor and see there is one on e-bay right now. what info do you have for me?

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Never seen one before, but looking at the one on ebay I can tell you it won't work in a 900 unless you can turn the cylinders around. The exhaust ports are facing the wrong direction. You probably would need a custom pipe and a custom fuel map to even be able to use it.

Ole Andre

Lifetime Membership
Oct 26, 2009
Where is the injectors?
Seems like a lot of work to get this running properly..

sartysrnr

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Nova Scotia
What a nightmare to set up that rig!..couldnt imagine the exhaust manny coming out the back side.Guess you can do anything with enough time and money...

Franz

Premium Member
Nov 11, 2008
Logan, UT
WOW, didn't think there was another one out there. They were made for the '05 900's. That is what I'm working on for my sled, only the cylinders will be positioned like the 900. Here is an old pic before liners were installed.

http://s276.beta.photobucket.com/us...onbay 1140 parts/IMG_0743.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Now I'm working on the bottom end of the motor and chassis. If your really into this, pm me and I'll share what I've learned about these parts.

You could turn the cylinders around for the 900 chassis. But you would need crank shop pipes, clutching, and ecu flash(plus further tuning), and cooling system mods to start with. Seems like a high price for that kind of trouble.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Having those sleeves should eliminate the 975 problem of having to little skirt left on the bottom.

Premium Features