• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 RMK 900 bogs in the powder

S
Jan 11, 2011
I just bought a 2005 RMK 900 and it seems to run fine. We just recently got 8 - 10" of fresh powder, so I went to play but as soon as I would ride into the powder the sled would bog right down, barely pulling itself through the snow.

I don't know a whole lot about sleds, so any help would greatly be appreitiated.

It has SLP pipe, boondoker, slp air box w/ rad delete.

I thought it might be the powder plugging off the air box so I tryed taping off the front vents but the problems were still the same and snow was still around the air box.

Thanks

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Slp airbox requires you to cut the stock box in two and mount it to it. If it has come apart it will suck snow and everything else into your engine. Check the airbox and make sure it is sealed. This is one of the reasons people are switching to the fire N ice intake.

P

pullhardr

Nov 26, 2007
Alpine, WY
Z-Man just said it best. You have to make sure it's sealed through the cut box mod from SLP...lot's of silicone through the cut seams and the new box.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
nope, just sucking snow into the engine.

M

miller tools

Jan 19, 2009
boyden iowa
INTAKE

I would think about a new air box if you ride in powder a lot the slp air box is not good in powder. Snow in the engine not a good thing.

SixtySevenGT

Premium Member
Mar 25, 2008
Middleton, Idaho
For a While

I had the Nose Sucker SLP , went to Fire N Ice.

But it would run good for a While , until things got plugged up.
Open hood clean out snow-- repeat etc.

Look at my thread on the VES Valves SAGA

S
Jan 11, 2011
Thanks guys! Does anyone know if you install the fire n ice intake, if u need to use any of the factory airbox pieces. Hopefully not seeing that they had to cut it to install the SLP box.

M

miller tools

Jan 19, 2009
boyden iowa
intake

You will need to find a stock boost box the piece that hooks to the throttle bodies check ebay thats it just that piece and f & i kit

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Thanks guys! Does anyone know if you install the fire n ice intake, if u need to use any of the factory airbox pieces. Hopefully not seeing that they had to cut it to install the SLP box.

If you are removing and SLP intake and installing a fire N Ice you will need to buy a factory boost box. Your hood also needs to have the plastic cover under your headlight and the foam seal that the factory intake used. You will also need to add intake vents and seal around your headlight and any other holes the factory did not seal in the intake area of the hood.

S
Jan 11, 2011
Thanks guys, got it running good. Siliconed everything, resealed to
he top of the SLP intake, and installed frog skinz on the front vents.
Thanks Again everyone!!

Premium Features