• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2006 700 BB Injector Question

T
Oct 23, 2008
On the 2006 CFI-4 700's which injector is the low speed and which is the high speed? Upper vs. Lower

Also, at about what RPM do they switch from the high speed to the low speed and vice versa?

my sled runs like crap and mostly on one cylinder until I make it to about 4400-4500 RPM and then takes off like normal. This makes any sort of slow speed riding next to impossible.

I have great compression on both cylinders, piston skirts, exhaust valves, cylinders, reeds and everything else looks in mint condition with the exhaust manifold off.

I have narrowed it down to the PTO side cylinder being the one that is misfiring, and I don't believe it to be ignition related because of how it runs at through the rest of the RPM range. So now before I go to change out the injector, I need to know which one is the low speed so I can change out the right one.

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
think it is just a dirty injector? If it is dirty I would recommend getting some Amsoil PI and running it through. That stuff works awesome on dirty injectors

T
Oct 23, 2008
I'm actually thinking the injector is not firing or is stuck. I have ran sea foam and every other injector cleaner through it I can think of with no change at all in the way it runs.

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
I'm actually thinking the injector is not firing or is stuck. I have ran sea foam and every other injector cleaner through it I can think of with no change at all in the way it runs.

Double check the wiring harness running to the injectors. I had one rub on the jackshaft along with my DET sensor and that put a screwin to my day.

Premium Features