• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 900 RMK. Won't start after ride

A
Feb 12, 2012
Georgetown, Id
We went for a ride yesterday, bout hour, hour n a half. Everything ran great. No reverse problems, no cutting out, not even a hiccup. Loaded the sleds, drove bout 4 miles home and now no start. Checked for spark and there is none. Where do I even start to diagnose this. We got fresh snow lastnight and would really love a nice Sunday afternoon ride:face-icon-small-dis

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
We went for a ride yesterday, bout hour, hour n a half. Everything ran great. No reverse problems, no cutting out, not even a hiccup. Loaded the sleds, drove bout 4 miles home and now no start. Checked for spark and there is none. Where do I even start to diagnose this. We got fresh snow lastnight and would really love a nice Sunday afternoon ride:face-icon-small-dis

I would start by disconnecting the throttle safety switch and kill switch up on the handlebars... then check to see if it will start or for spark.

A
Feb 12, 2012
Georgetown, Id
Disconnected Kill swith ect. Still nothin. Checked Ground looks good. Where do I go from here?? Stator, coil, capacitor, regulator? What is most likely cuporit here. There were no warnings during the ride at all. Temp was good, bout 140 as usual.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
which switch did you disconnect? the kill button or safety switch?

When it is off and you pull the thumb lever towards you does it move any?

sartysrnr

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Nova Scotia

stators gone or the flywheel sleeve came loose and taken out the wires.just a geuss but thats where id start.in 3500 miles 2 stators and one flywheel so far for me.:face-icon-small-win

05 tmk 900

Jan 26, 2010
squamish
i'm in the same boat. er sled. I pulled the one from my parts sled and the stator was good but the wires where worn through.
I'll pull mine apart this week and post feed back...

I have a puller for sale if anyone needs one ?!

A
Feb 12, 2012
Georgetown, Id
Still working on this one. Have week spark in both cylinders. Don't know why just know we do. But still won't start. Also anyone have '02 800 RMK parts. Had a slight mishap over the weekend. Well, more than slight. Will post picks. Hit a jump, lit a** first and mashed rail extentions, tunnel extention, Big wheel kit is messed, not good.

Premium Features