• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone have problems with 2018 Camso fit kit/front ski bushings?

S
Dec 20, 2016
Started the install and immediately found that the supplied large aluminum bushings for the front ski axle are too large in exterior diameter for the holes in my ski. Anyone else had this problem? It would appear that either the hole was milled to small or the bushings are machined to large. I’m guessing the later. The axle slides into the bushings perfectly. My fit kit is for the Honda CRF450RX. I’ll try taking it to the dealer tomorrow but thought I would ask. They slide in about half way and stop. I tried a little lube and rubber mallet but there is no way they are going to fit.

zuchoski

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2016
It is normal. It is a tapper press fit to make sure it never get loose. It needs a small hand press of big rubber hammer to gets in. If it does not go call camso custmer service. They will help you out.

H
Dec 7, 2016
Zuchoski is correct. I thought I had an issue with mine and called CAMSO. They advised me that the ski bushings are a light press fit. On my CRF450X kit I did use a press to install them. Mike

Vincenthdfan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2008
Olympia, Washington
Great....

I have a CRF450 Fit Kit to remove in order to install a KTM 500 EXC Fit Kit on my Camso.

I bet its gonna be a pain in the butt getting those press fit bushings out??!! :face-icon-small-dis

H
Dec 7, 2016
Not hard to get out at all. There are areas you can tap through on the fit kit plates that will take the bushings out as you move the plate. Just removed them so that I could install my kit on 530EXC.

S
Dec 20, 2016
Figured it out

With the help of posts from here. I purchased a 9” mostly threaded 3/4” bolt and two flat washers and nut. Pulled together pretty easily. Now to fanagle the track into place where the upper shock mounted and the swingarm mounts. Coming together nicely :)

AverageJoe

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2008
Marble, CO
www.SnowBikeWest.com
For getting the rear skid in place, I just use one of those cheap furniture dolly deals from Harbor Freight, put it about in the middle, slide the skid into place, then sea-saw it to line it up.. Bike has to be on a stand for the right height...

Premium Features