• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber turbo kits for cat making comeback

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
Silber is putting together some cat kits this year! After testing and beating last year they will be here in few months. The box will suit it well too......if I heard right they will be right in 3000$ or less range !

UtahEdge

Premium Member
Sep 19, 2003
Syracuse, Utah
I talked with the silber guys at the Utah snowmobile show this weekend for a while. It looks like a good kit. The price point is hard to beat at $2500. I like how you don't have to cut your tunnel for the exhaust. Easier to put back to stock and sell the sled if needs be. The boondocker boys sure were bad mouthing the silber kits though.

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
Boondocker was probably badmouthing because they can't compete with the price. Boondocker is having to charge more because of all the free stuff they give to all these sponsored riders. They still sell alot of kits though. It is funny how boondocker kits have come way down in price now that they have competition, just imagine the money they were making 5 or 6 years ago when most kits were in the $7000 dollar range.

john6719

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2014
At a $2,500 price point, it would be hard not to buy one. I've always had a hard time justifying putting much more than that into it.

skibumsd

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2008
I talked to Justin at silber last week and he said the cat kits will be 2750 or very close that's everything including clutch parts. It's the same turbo they have used on there cat kits the last few years. They have a fuel box this year that will have no adjustments like there Polaris kits, they couldn't hack the cat ecu so a plug in box was necessary but will work the same as the Polaris kits. We ride with 3 guys that have the Polaris kits and they rip and have been pull and go since install. I was impressed so i bought a 14 with a silber kit already installed hopefully works as well as there's! Mine still has the box that you can adjust we'll see how it goes when the snow gets here. He also said they are changing there website and hope to have all the info up soon.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
On their website they are saying an ECU re flash and the kit will be ready mid winter. Might have to text Justin and see what's up.

better check again , Silber announced today the are not going to make Arctic Cat until 2017/2018 season they are backing out of making the Arctic Cat Kits. I should of went with my gut feeling when I meet them in Salt Lake they have all they eggs in one basket with the Polaris brand , they said it was the ECU box programming and can't get it right ,BS. so I said give me the piggy back box you been running they said it's not programmed right, and never has been ,so all of you that have one from last year need to call them.

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
They can't even get enough turbo's to fill the Polaris orders, my buddy has been waiting on his for 3 weeks. I heard they sold a ton of them this yr

skibumsd

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2008
I have a silber kit with the fuel controller on my 14 m8000 and love it. It rips and has been problem free for 700 miles.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
well well well where are they now ????? Whats the newest news ??

Kits should be ready for the new sled sometime next this fall. They got a sled in March. Guessing they will build the kit and test as soon as the snow flies. They were busy with the 850 this spring.

B
Nov 17, 2008
I have been running the Silber Kit in my Proclimb for a couple years now utilizing the DoBeck (sp.?) controller and mine rips. Had a low to mid flat spot in the early tuning but got that 3rd injector timing figured out and has been trouble free Polaris spanking fun ever since.

skibumsd

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2008
Booster if you would shed some light on your changes that would be awesome. I have the same set up as you and would be very interested. Please and thank you!

Premium Features