• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08/09 winter Big Holes Snow Report.

B

Bubba700

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Rexburg ID
Owned it last year so figured I would start it up again.
Took a drive up on the bench an hour ago and was snowing. :D:D

A
Jul 27, 2001
Meridian, ID
Talked to my buddy who is digging spuds in Newdale right now. He said the towers have been in the snow all day and they are expecting 3-6" tonight and another 3-6" tomorrow. Better chain up the digger!!

B

Bubba700

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Rexburg ID
Where is Big Holes i saw a pic off it in a magazine it looks sick. Is it worth driving from McCall to ride..?

If you look on a map its the mtn range between the south fork of the snake river and the teton valley. Worth the drive? If you know where to go they are sick and super deep!

R

RmkMtnRider

Nov 26, 2007
Boise Idaho
That snow was pretty crazy today. It was comin down hard there for about a half hour or so. I'm ready to ride now. haha :D

B

Bubba700

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Rexburg ID
A few big hole pics from christmas last year
christmasrideanderson2.jpg

christmasridesellars5.jpg

Christmasride.jpg

B

Bubba700

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Rexburg ID
Drove into the outhouse yesterday and there was about 12 to 14 at the out house. Here are a few pics.
182.jpg

180.jpg

175.jpg

T

tgoodwin

Dec 6, 2007
Blackfoot
Is this one of the "locals only" secret spots, or are you willing to divulge some info. We do all of our riding in Jefferson, Franklin Basin, and Copper Basin, another spot a little closer would be nice. Shoot me a pm if you'd like, maybe we can check it out sometime in the future.

Last edited:
S
Nov 5, 2008
Boise, ID
So where is this exactly? Is it up on the bench back in there or is it through green canyon up through garns? I've rode up there quite a bit but hardly ever with anyone that knows where they are going so we just have to find our way around. I'm ready to ride so if you let me know where I'm game for a rode ride.

Last edited:
C

cookie-eater

Dec 4, 2007
Bubba when were you up there in your jeep? I was up there thursday and there wasn't half that much snow.

I
Sep 29, 2008
Idaho Falls Idaho
Hey im in Idaho Falls and I am almost so desprate to ride I might drive to Togwotee, It would be great to be able to ride a little at a closer place; you wouldn't want to tell me how to get there would you:D?

B

Bubba700

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Rexburg ID
Hey im in Idaho Falls and I am almost so desprate to ride I might drive to Togwotee, It would be great to be able to ride a little at a closer place; you wouldn't want to tell me how to get there would you:D?

This is closer but not ridable, to many 4wheelers and 4 wheel drives have been over it, pretty rutted out and nasty, But see the road ride thread about where you can go which is much closer than tog.

T
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, ID
Shhhhhh

Bubba700-

Didnt we agree about half way through the season that we were going to keep this area secret?? I guess if more guys are going to ride up there then they need to designate it on their registrations so when you have to ride the trail they are in good shape..

I wish I would have looked at this last night. I would have joined you up to Black Bear today. Everybody I knew was pussin out.

Where's the pic's from the ride???

B

Bubba700

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Rexburg ID
Bubba700-

Didnt we agree about half way through the season that we were going to keep this area secret?? I guess if more guys are going to ride up there then they need to designate it on their registrations so when you have to ride the trail they are in good shape..

I wish I would have looked at this last night. I would have joined you up to Black Bear today. Everybody I knew was pussin out.

Where's the pic's from the ride???
Look in the SE Idaho road ride thread.
Haha, I dont mind it, if you think about it there are so many secret little meadows and stashes back in there, there is no way to track it all up between storms!.

Premium Features