• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What snowmobile should I buy

S
Jul 8, 2015
Hello, I am looking for a winter project and decided on a snowmobile. I need suggestions on old snowmobiles (1993-2005) that are cheap (I do not need people trying to sell me their sled, I am only looking for suggestions). I will extend the track and skid to a 144 or 151 and I ride a lot of ditches and a little trail and a little powder. I am a Polaris man but am open to any suggestions, I am willing to go outside my comfort zone.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
best bang for your buck would be knowing your location!

as for a mountain sled for the year listed as your looking for a longer track would be a mountain cat or king cat 900 but a m7 or f7 is a good find. or as you listed a poo with a longer mountain track and not needing crank repair. the doos are on the list but keep to a 06 up rev and skip the 08-10 xp unless your a trail pounder. i think yammi makes a sled too.

S
Jul 8, 2015
My location is a place with a lot of ditches and very few trails. But sometimes I trailer my sled to trails or I will trailer it to somewhere where there is powder. And what do you mean by the Polaris having problems. Is their something' I don't know about them. I have seen late 90s Polaris sleds with 6000 miles still running strong.

Premium Features