• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What snowmobile should I buy

S
Jul 8, 2015
Hello, I am looking for a winter project and why not a snowmobile. I am looking for a old sled (1993 - 2005) that can be found cheap. I am wondering what other people would suggest (I don't want people trying to sell me their sleds, only suggestions). I will be extending the track and skid to a 144 or 151 and I ride in a lot of ditches but will be doing some trails and a little bit of deep powder. I am a polaris man but i am open to all suggestions of any brand of snowmobile, I am willing to go out of my comfort zone.

Thank you

dragonflats

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
st. james mn
I would go to the sled section and look at older generations from all brands and see if something sparks your interest. lots of sled build pics there. welcome to SW good luck.

dragonflats

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
st. james mn
I know its a few years past what you said you were looking for but take a look at 07 to 09 iq raw rmks 600 or 700. I had lots of fun banging ditches with 600 rmk with 144 and they didn't do to bad in the deep. just my .02

S
Jul 8, 2015
Thanks for the fast response. ( I know this is already off topic but I am sorry that this thread got posted like 3 times. My computer is going wacko). I currently have a 09 switchback 136 and I love it but I just want to have fun tearing apart an old sled and making it a lot funner to ride. I am looking at early edges but am kinda also interested in wedge style sleds. The main reason I put this post up is because I have no clue about any sleds ( other than Polaris) that any other manufacturer makes so I wanted to see what was out their without having to do hours of research.

Premium Features