• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Reeds on the PC 800?

ekingland

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2009
does anybody have some real info on the value of reeds on the HO800.

I was told the AC 700 and 800 to 2009 saw no gain.

I typically run can and intake with a y pipe, about everything except the jump to a controller.

is anyone running a similar setup? the Poos 800 was a significant gain on throttle response.

maybe this has been discussed before so a reference to another thread would be appreciated.

thanks

M
Feb 27, 2010
reeds help alot .just replacement pedals work good and cost less.there are single stage and daul stage.just adding the single stage you well feel a difference. as soon as your sled starts takeing a long time to idle down replace the reeds. 100$ mod

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
I dont know... i have done every bolton mod to about every sled ive had. Ive done all the clutching and gearing ... on and on. At the end i think it was a waste of time. You wont see or feel 3-4 hp

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I don't think I've ever seen an M8 where reeds actually made ANY kind of difference, and we've definitely seen a number of sleds where Vforce reeds were installed & they didn't last worth a cRaAaAAP.

Madness, what kind of reeds are you using? Maybe we're just using the wrong brands?

Premium Features