• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

170 H.P. from a 4 turbo 4 stroke?

triple650

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Canadia
Now I remember why I hate the people on here

1 out or 4 is sitting in a college class using their smart phone to argue “no mine is bigger”

1 out of 4 is still stoned from last night

1 out of 4 is a crapshoot

The last 1 out of 4 is actually worth reading their post and can spell…………

I love how people are claiming horsepower with mods on a sled that is still yet to be released? Priceless, oh I know it’s the:

“ My brother-in-laws cousin’s best friends uncle saw one in that field up yonder behind Arctic Cat and he could hear the turbo screaming and talked to Speedwerx on Youtube who said its running afterburners on pump gas”

I hate most of you !

funny thing is, i was at school waiting for my class to start, because im young what were you doing at home no job? plus the 1100 T engine has been out for three years!!!! . PRICELESS

B

b1dodge

Nov 26, 2007
utah
www.youtube.com
yes sir:face-icon-small-hap

the water cooler talk suggests this T1100 will be sub 500lbs...if its true, im sold:face-icon-small-coo

im thinking like 350 wet. and then take the can, skis,skid,chassis, off add a touch of helium and could come in at - 37.275 lbs. would be sick. Im thinking 530 ish just using my eyecrometer.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
also, you can do what all hte diesel tuners do and buy an extra ecu and have it tuned. That way if you do have a problem you can swap it out wiht the stock one to set it to stock and have the steelership fix it.

I am over the mod sleds. This is the first year of no huge break downs. After 1300 miles on my pro assualt, i bent my first a-arm by t boning a sled on a large jump. It is nice having the baddest sled in the hills and not ever having to turn a wrench.

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota

1 out or 4 is sitting in a college class using their smart phone to argue “no mine is bigger”

I love how people are claiming horsepower with mods on a sled that is still yet to be released? Priceless, oh I know it’s the:

“ My brother-in-laws cousin’s best friends uncle saw one in that field up yonder behind Arctic Cat and he could hear the turbo screaming and talked to Speedwerx on Youtube who said its running afterburners on pump gas

I hate most of you !

the 1100 turbo isnt new, there are performance parts out for it already, from Speedwerx, mind you.......get some info before you bash us for informing other people of what will work on the new sled and what kind of power it should make.

M
Feb 27, 2010
the turbo compensates for altitude. yamaha does not make 150 @ 10,000'
the main thing is that the 1056cc puts out almost the same as a nytro in the non turbo and its only a twin and the yam is 3cyl.it is a way narrower motor and lighter.it well be such a fun sled with the turbo.it is the way of the future.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Would be interesting to see what a Z1 motor weighs. It's also interesting that it takes 13 lbs. of boost to make 177HP. A Nytro engine makes just over 135HP. Most turbo systems on the Yammis give you about 10HP per lb. of boost.

S

smo219

Dec 10, 2008
bismarck nd
the nytro can also be ordered with a turbo or supercharger that puts out 180 hp in a 3 cylinder engine. lighter sled, more power, more cylinders and just more.

B

b1dodge

Nov 26, 2007
utah
www.youtube.com
One thing that has not been mentioned in this thread that I think needs to be addressed. The start of this thread by hyperduc was a concern that the boosted factory cat motor was not making the same power as a yamaha at the same boost. A very valid concern. One thing that has been over looked (myself included) the cat turbos are blowing through a big a$$ muffler. As we all know a turbo suffers with back pressure. Most if not all aftermarket turbos including 2 strokes have little to NO muffler. MCX, Impulse, BD, the Push factory yamaha turbo has a muffler but its short and passive. Most but not all have a down pipe and call it good. I think that if you where to dyno the CAT turbo with a down pipe you may see numbers closer to what every other turbo 4 stroke make at similar boost levels. To make big power you have to get it in the engine as well as get it out. This is uncharted territory for a stock sled at this HP level. To keep it legal and satisfy the EPA is a miracle. Besides poo and there 130hp t4s....who else has done it off the assembly line? Just food for thought
m1100t.jpg

Last edited:
M
Nov 26, 2007
Terrace BC Canada
What ?

Yeah bone stock naturally aspirated Yamaha makes 150, bone stock (turbo) arctic cat makes 170. The fact they need a turbo to make 170 is just sad.

I've been very happy with my m-series since the switch to AC last year (after my RMK blew up on the first ride out), the fit, finish and attention to detail on the Arctic Cat impressed me from the first day of ownership... I guess I just expected more from them when they labeled this as the greatest thing to come to snowmobiling.

Doesn't a nytro need a 180 hp turbo kit to make 180 hp? Am I missing something here what's the difference? For a few hundred bucks you can make over 200 hp on the new ac. What's just sad about that?

L

Linc

Nov 17, 2002
Pemberton
www.visionms.ca
the nytro can also be ordered with a turbo or supercharger that puts out 180 hp in a 3 cylinder engine. lighter sled, more power, more cylinders and just more.
Plus install, and clutching, and the Yami costs more, plus, it's not a closed loop system like the Cat, so it doesn't have the same safety features for the motor. So over boost the Yami or put bad fuel in it and you won't be happy.

Nov 27, 2007
most turbos make pretty close to the same hp per lb of boost. The difference is that the artic cat starts out with less hp na, this is because it is designed for a turbo. the yamaha does not come from the factory with a turbo. the only turbo that yamaha allows warranty on is only 180 hp(maybe). they have stated that they will not allow there dealer installed turbo to have the boost turned up. so if you want more than 180 hp on a yamaha, you have to get an aftermarket turbo. (at 5000 bucks )
the ac with a reprogrammed ecu (at 600-900) will be way cheaper to get to 240plus hp.

as far as weight goes i bet that they will be within 25 lbs of each other.

what is the nytro 545 i think. the ac will be 550

just my 2 cents.
btw i have ridden 4 stroke turbos for 3 years, and this year i built a 2 stroke turbo. the weight is a huge factor.this 4 stroke ac turbo is there response to emission requirments.

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut

“ My brother-in-laws cousin’s best friends uncle saw one in that field up yonder behind Arctic Cat and he could hear the turbo screaming and talked to Speedwerx on Youtube who said its running afterburners on pump gas”

I hate most of you !

LMAO!:boink:

A
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, Alaska
This thread is retarded. Simular displacment? Yes. Simular comp. ratio? Not close. One was made for operating @ near +1bar, and the other not. For every bar(#15) pounds of boost you make, at 100% efficiency(friction and heat make this impossible), you make 2X the original hp @ atm(on the cat this would mean w/out boost @ less than 120hp because he turbo and NA models have differant pistons). As for the rest, we'll have to wait for the these sleds to be pounding the slopes. The motor has already been proven as an *** hauler with 250+ hp on pump gas for less than 1500$.

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
1.Apex is a tank
2.the new Cat chassis will be lighter than a Nitro
3. if your a Yami lover go buy one and I DARE you to ride it stock.

It is painful trying to read treads on the new Cats. They must be full of TROLLS

IMO the M turbo will be a BIG seller and best handling 4stroke. I also used my eyecrometer. :heh:

R

RDrangstveit

Jan 30, 2008
Silverthorne/Kremmling, CO
most turbos make pretty close to the same hp per lb of boost. The difference is that the artic cat starts out with less hp na, this is because it is designed for a turbo. the yamaha does not come from the factory with a turbo. the only turbo that yamaha allows warranty on is only 180 hp(maybe). they have stated that they will not allow there dealer installed turbo to have the boost turned up. so if you want more than 180 hp on a yamaha, you have to get an aftermarket turbo. (at 5000 bucks )
the ac with a reprogrammed ecu (at 600-900) will be way cheaper to get to 240plus hp.

as far as weight goes i bet that they will be within 25 lbs of each other.

what is the nytro 545 i think. the ac will be 550

just my 2 cents.
btw i have ridden 4 stroke turbos for 3 years, and this year i built a 2 stroke turbo. the weight is a huge factor.this 4 stroke ac turbo is there response to emission requirments.

I agree, emissions have a lot to do with it. Very impressive sled, I doubt it will be able to sidehill or carve up the trees like an M8 turbo. It will prob climb anything though, I guess it depends on where you like to ride. The new M8 with a BD RG turbo is my first choice.

J
Jan 15, 2010

Have you ever ridden a Nytro? They handle like a dump truck full of rocks. Most top heavy sled ever built.

S

snwman77

Banned
Nov 27, 2007
Firestone Co.
Would you have a hard time pulling a Nytro over into a side hill going down hill cool guy. sounds like it would be too much of a sled for you.
do we need to find you an old indy light 340?
Have you ever ridden a Nytro? They handle like a dump truck full of rocks. Most top heavy sled ever built.

J
Jan 15, 2010
Would you have a hard time pulling a Nytro over into a side hill going down hill cool guy. sounds like it would be too much of a sled for you.
do we need to find you an old indy light 340?

You are awesome. Anyone who sends someone PM's challenging them to drive 1500 miles to ride with them over a comment on an anonymous public forum is a winner in my book.

Premium Features