• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

apex custom udertunnel exhaust

J

jr_amsoil

Dec 6, 2007
bismarck, nd
picked up a yoshi rs3 pipe and gonna fab it up to run undertunnel exhaus. was wondering about how far back to mount it. ive read a lot about the icing going on under there. whats the cure. also is this gonna be a loud.:beer;

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
well being under the tunnel it is going to be a little quieter for you, It will have a good rip to it the apex's sound wicked, as for mounting it you will have some fun with the apex and the moulded exhaust plate, but i've seen it done so best of luck!

B
Nov 30, 2007
Meridian Idaho
I have an undertunnel exhaust on an apex that started out as a tj's exhaust. I had big bogging problems with it in any kind of powder, or long hard acceleration runs. I spent half a season trying to figure out a solution and i finally turned the exhaust out the sides of the tunnel, which has worked awesome. It definately is louder but sounds good loud, I have people ask about it all the time. I can throw up a pic if you want.

B
Nov 30, 2007
Meridian Idaho
Yes that is it, sorry , I got really busy last night and got home really late. I was going to try to look that up from last year. It works really good.
On the apex there is a cross brace across the back under that track shield which is where I turned mine out, If you stay under I think you will have to go back past that, so the exhaust gases can escape. Just my o2.

J

jr_amsoil

Dec 6, 2007
bismarck, nd
im gonna try and fab it up this weekend. gonna prolly take all the exhaust parts to work and tig weld it up. ive been thinking about maybe trying to run it out under the seat yet. once i get all tore apart i will decide then. im gonna use the stock seat. i think supporting it is gonna be the tricky part.

J

jr_amsoil

Dec 6, 2007
bismarck, nd
well i started on the exhaust tonight decided to run it out under the seat kinda like excell. ran into a few problems along the way and figured id finish it up tomorrow. gonna make some sort of creation to cover up the hole under seat. do you guys think i will need to run some sort of heat shield so the seat dont melt. gonna wrap the first half of the pipe in heat wrap. i did a sound test and she sounds nice. got a couple pics of where i left off. whats your guys opinions im not sure if im liking it so far. might go back to the undertunnel idea.

Niko did u have to remove that one uluminum cross brace to get your pipe to fit so you could run it as far back as you did. it right by the hole in the tunnel towards the front of the hole. the undertunnel looks like a cleaner install imo.

0_IMAG0572.jpg 0919090242.jpg

Last edited:
J

jr_amsoil

Dec 6, 2007
bismarck, nd
i got it finished up for the most part. gonna make some side panels out of cf. but overall it was a fairly clean install. i used a bunch of heat tape on the seat and on the first half of the pipe to be safe. sounds really good cant wait to see how many rpms i gained. not sure how much weight savings there was but quiet a bit. hardest part of the install is lining the holes up so you can get your bolts back in the skid. pain in the *** as always. but heres a few pics of how she turned out.

0919091505.jpg 0919091454.jpg 0919091449.jpg

A

Aussie Niko

Did have to remove that cast alloy brace so I could get the pipe right back. The idea of going under tunnel is to remove the heavy stock seat. Not sure if you will feel any difference with just doing the pipe. If you really want to make this sled feel like you can throw it around you need to get rid of the cast iron drop brackets(they weigh heaps) Put a bar riser on and change the front and rear suspension(timbersled).

Last edited:
J

jr_amsoil

Dec 6, 2007
bismarck, nd
i think she is easy to throw around in the first place. thing carves in hard pack. the drop brackets prolly would be a good start. i will worry about suspension after i ruin the one that i got. i did this entire setup for around $65. i would like a boss seat but imo its not hardly worth it concidering im standing 80% of the time.

Premium Features