• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

16 600 pro axys ??

rmjj

Premium Member
Jan 10, 2008
Brookings,SD
Couple questions. Just picked up a 16 holdover got it home and noticed a couple things. Oil bottle seems loose side to side moves 3/8" towards motor and side panel. star nut bolt is tight. And where do you store the spare belt don't see a spot like on the pro ride models. Thanks anything else to look for

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
hmm, how to describe where the darn belt holder is? it's behind the left side panel and attached to and inboard of the top carbon fiber tube. it's a plastic box shaped thing that the spare belt folds up and slides into from the top.

Now you tell me where the darn tool kit is! I still haven't found that stupid thing! I will check when I see my wife's sled again to see if the oil bottle wiggles. Possibly tonight depending.

I can tell you one thing - I hope yours runs as good as ours does! Damn that thing is one impressive 600! It is an absolute blast to ride!

rmjj

Premium Member
Jan 10, 2008
Brookings,SD
Thanks don't think there is a tool kit. The spark plug tool is on the left side inserted through the front bumper mount. The clutch tool is farther back towards driver. Shock tool is is a bag with manual ?? Bought it for the wife but excited to ride myself.

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
You did good. My wife absolutely LOVES hers! It is noticeable lighter, more powerful and more agile than her 2012 Pro. She giggles like a school girl every time she rides it. I bought it used from a mechanic at our local dealer and she went through the shop the other day and found the guy and thanked him for selling it to us.

J

Jordanbarnes44

Jan 4, 2017
I have been really impressed with my 16 pro 600 so far. About 160 miles on it, most in break in which if it is impressive in break in I would think after a couple hundred miles it should wake up nicely.

I am stepping back from an 800 to a 600 and can say that so far I have no regrets at all.

Going to leave it stock for a season I think and get some seat time then start making changes. Curious to hear feedback from others as there isnt much on the 600s in the AXYS section

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
I'm up to 500 miles on my 16 600 axys rmk oil, gas , pull the rope and just ride!!!!

Things I've add
Slp can
Different primary spring and Epi weights
Raptor triple rate springs
Polaris 2.6 track

J

Jordanbarnes44

Jan 4, 2017
I'm up to 500 miles on my 16 600 axys rmk oil, gas , pull the rope and just ride!!!!

Things I've add
Slp can
Different primary spring and Epi weights
Raptor triple rate springs
Polaris 2.6 track

How do you like this setup compared to stock? All those items are on my wishlist!

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
How do you like this setup compared to stock? All those items are on my wishlist!

I don't think I would buy the triple rate springs didn't notice much difference then the stock springs. But everything else is worth it.

bkpa

Premium Member
Mar 10, 2012
Hartford, S.D.
What elevation are you? I ordered the SLP can for hers. We ride 6-7,000 ft. SLP told me I would not need anything up front. He said it would raise my RPM about 50 but still be in the power band. How does it sound? I am adding the can to shed weight. She weighs 125 lbs. and the sled has electric start. I look at it as a trade off for her with the weight of the sled.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Sea level to 5,000 feet where I ride the can works great, and it's quiet.

Premium Features