• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 leaked photos

wileybird

Premium Member
Feb 20, 2011
Turbo

I'm quite honestly disappointed. Where is the 850 turbo? I'll keep riding my Poo until they release it. Unless Poo beats them to the punch. WTH?! I'm pissed!

You know they sell turbos on about 4-5 different websites! Even if skidoo does come out with one your Gonna pay for that extra 4-5k$ One way or another!! Factory turbo will be limited in boost or have some restriction on it so joe blow doesn’t turn it up to 25lb and blow it up in 200 miles n come on here n bitch about it!! Just sayin!!

Last edited:

wileybird

Premium Member
Feb 20, 2011
Just looked at the Doosite. Disapointed to say the least. The Freeride is hideous. I have been a fan of the last 5 versions, with their odd colors, but I am pretty sure that I took a dump this morning that looked better than the 2019 Freeride. And it looks like the prices have gone through the roof on every model, Renegade to Summit to MXZ. $15K for everything that I would want. I hate to say it, I love my 2018 Freeride and Summit, but I am going to have to switch brands next year. I am not going to ride a sled that costs $15K.

You think there gonna get cheaper down the road? It’s like car insurance when they tell you your gonna get a “safe driving check” and come renewal time they tell you your premium is going up because of all the hail damage claims! Cost money to keep up with the Jones!!!! Just sayin

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
Any changes at all?

Has anyone heard any info about any small changes they might have made? Clutching, etc? Can't find anything on their website other than the graphics now being tougher quality.

Also, where's the big long post of high quality images from Christopher this year?

P
Nov 30, 2015
SE Idaho
Belt Problems Solved

Looks like they may have fixed the belt issues for 2019. The new 600 Summit should be much better on belts. I bet it uses less oil too! You might not need the oil caddy after all. A 3" on the 600 does sound interesting. I bet it beats up on the other 600s.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
I have seen from a couple sources that the belt guard and back of the secondary has been changed to move more air out of the belt area. but nothing on any "official" Ski-Doo channels.

Also if they are going to create a new LINQ belt holder it should hold multiple belts. That could lie nice and flat under the new oil caddy so you can stack them like the fuel caddie. :face-icon-small-win

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
New belt guard bracket
New mag side motor mount
New finned secondary
Bigger hole in the plastic cover for the cvt
Better track drivers

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
3 years with no noteable changes seems like too long to me... and I would agree with one of the above posts, that Makita Freeride is awful, wasnt gonna buy one anyway though, so don’t care.

what sled has ever had major changes after only being out 2 years? You guys expect wayyyyyy too much

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
what sled has ever had major changes after only being out 2 years? You guys expect wayyyyyy too much

And Im not asking for major changes, tons of small things could be changed. Stiff boards, better skis, led headlight, a guage that doesnt blow, better shocks, get rid of the torsion springs, make the clutching efficient rather than adding airflow, belt drive, lighter parts throughout.

N
Dec 18, 2012
Bothell, Wa
I have seen from a couple sources that the belt guard and back of the secondary has been changed to move more air out of the belt area. but nothing on any "official" Ski-Doo channels.

Also if they are going to create a new LINQ belt holder it should hold multiple belts. That could lie nice and flat under the new oil caddy so you can stack them like the fuel caddie. :face-icon-small-win

In the official ski doo Q&A they address this issue. Their response for the 2019 is stiffer engine mounts, more airflow with with fins on the back of the housing and a larger hole in the belt cover to allow more air flow. They also mentioned changing the belt guard design so belts don't get scalped. Simple changes but it could make a difference, we will see.

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
Has anyone heard any info about any small changes they might have made? Clutching, etc? Can't find anything on their website other than the graphics now being tougher quality.

Also, where's the big long post of high quality images from Christopher this year?

of what?? the BNMFH?

skank

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
Mountain View, Wyoming 82939
I still don’t understand why they are keeping the freeride and the summit as different models. They are the exact same except for different shocks, a slide rail brace, and color. Why??

J
Mar 10, 2017
Eastern Idaho
In the official ski doo Q&A they address this issue. Their response for the 2019 is stiffer engine mounts, more airflow with with fins on the back of the housing and a larger hole in the belt cover to allow more air flow. They also mentioned changing the belt guard design so belts don't get scalped. Simple changes but it could make a difference, we will see.

Well, the a larger hole and fins do dissipate heat better, but it's best to not produce the heat in the first place...

Premium Features