• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snow condition out of Pinedale N. Horse Creek

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Lot is mud, you will need to drive in about 2 miles and park at the turnout to unload ... You can't miss it.

You could pretty well drive your pickup darn near to the bridge over horse creek right now. Not the first one by the guard station, I mean the one about 5 miles down the road. I'm not suggesting you actually do this, I'm just commenting on the snow conditions :)

Essentially its the same snow we were riding in the middle of November. There hasn't been more than a 1-2" dusting in the last month and a half, but enough fell last night there was fresh snow to ride today. The snow is good in some pockets in the trees further north.

I was pretty depressed this morning, went out to ride thinking maybe we got a dumping last night and it was basically 2" of fresh on top of rock hard concrete until north of the warming hut.

I actually called it early and headed back to the truck to finish some Christmas shopping today.

If you are coming all the way to Wyoming from MN I'd suggest looking further north, like West Yellowstone, Cooke City or Togwotee Pass, they all seem to have better snow right now than the Wyoming range does over all.

Premium Features